Chapter 18

-- Seonghwa's P.O.V --

There was no way to explain how happy I was to have Yeosoon as my girlfriend. I had spent months hiding behind false feelings, that it got impossible to keep them to myself. All those tiny moments we had together meant more to me than I expressed. The moment she said she liked me, my heart felt like bursting. Yeosoon had never conveyed any mutual feelings towards me, despite the bathroom moment. Usually she was distant and cold when it came to her emotions. And yet I always chose to respect her no matter what.

Surprisingly, Yeosang didn't seem as uncomfortable as we were expecting. In fact, that night he had pulled me into our bedroom and sat me down. I though that was the moment where he was going to threaten me if I ever hurt his sister. Truthfully, I was preparing for it.

Yeosang's face was long as he gave me a dejected look. I hadn't seen him that way before. He started walking around while he jogged his arms. I couldn't keep track of his nervousness.

Eventually I asked "Are you okay?"

He turned to face me, he was biting his lip and his eyes were frowning. I could see as he took a deep breath and sat next to me. "We need to talk about Yeosoon."

I nodded "You know I would never hurt her, right?"

"I know." He sighed "It was never you I had a problem with." He sat back and looked forward. "Yeosoon has been through things that I couldn't even imagine. And her last relationship really damaged her."

I leaned closer towards him, waiting for what he was going to say. "What happened?"

He slowly turned his head, facing me. "That's something she will have to tell you herself. But it will take time for her to open up to you that much. It scares me to this day how she can turn her emotions off within a second but I can tell she really likes you, that's the only reason I'm allowing this relationship."

"Is that why she has nightmares?" I asked.

"She's been having them for a few years now. Usually she will take medication but I'm guessing she forgot to bring them" He explained. "That's also why she is always asleep with Yunho, it seems like he's the one she feels safe with."

"Why not you?"

Yeosang sat up and crossed his legs. "My sister and I never got along when we were kids. She would go to dance classes while I would be stuck at home studying. I got jealous, causing me to strike out on her repeatedly. Once I had left to join Big hit, She blamed me for stealing her dreams." He explained. "It wasn't until the incident that we began to get close."

My heart ached hearing their story. None of us even knew Yeosang had a sister until she showed up at our doorstep. He always kept his home life private no matter how close we were. That was when I realised that the Kang siblings were exactly like each other, they were both stubborn when it came to showing affection and conveying their feelings. And yet my mind kept focusing on Yeosoon. What had happened in her previous relationship? It must have been horrid if she still had nightmares till that day.

"So your not going to threaten me." I asked.

He glared me with his eyebrows creased his lips slightly raised. "Why would I threaten you?"

"I don't know."

All bad feelings went away the moment Yeosang laughed, he had the same laugh and smile as his sister, it was contagious.

As if on cue, Yeosoon had walked into the room. She stared at us both with confusion. "What are you two laughing at."

I got out of my seat and walked over to her. I grabbed her waist and pulled her closer to me. It felt amazing that I could be close to her without having to worry about the people around us. "Was he threatening you?" She asked.

Yeosang threw his hands up in the air in disbelief. I watched as she chuckled at her brother. It was hard to believe that she had been through anything tough in her life. When she smiled, the whole room lit up. I hadn't realised until then how little she actually smiled. Within that moment, I told myself that I was going to do everything in my power to make her smile. When she was hurting I wanted to be there, when she was in pain I wanted to be the one to heal her.

I was caught off guard when Yeosoon began waving her hand in front of my face. I blinked back into reality and saw that she was smirking at me. "Are you okay?" she asked. I nodded.

She slipped out of my grip and grabbed her laptop off her bed. "I just came in here to grab this, I'm gonna stay up for a bit."

Yeosang looked at me and shook his head. Just as she was about to leave, he gestured that I should go with her and then mouthed "She's not going to sleep."

Understanding the situation, I gripped her wrist but she whimpered and almost jumped out of her skin. I instantly let go. Her eyes everted to the floor. "Sorry... I didn't mean-"

Cutting me off, She slid her hand through mine and murmured "You did nothing wrong."

On that note, she said goodnight to her brother and led me into the living room where she had set up her own bed on the couch. "You were planning to sleep here?" I asked.

She threw herself into the blankets and held out her arms. I accepted the invitation by enclosing my arms around her. "I wasn't planning to sleep here." She finally replied. "I usually sneak into Yunho's bed when I get tired."

I lifted my head up and leaned on my elbow so my face was above hers. "You don't have to do that anymore." I said. "I'm going to be the one who helps you sleep at night."

I received a straight smile from her as she stroked my cheek "Can you stay with me tonight, then?"

I pecked her lips and stroked her hair as she rested her head on my chest. "You don't ever need to ask." I replied.