Part 27

My eyes fluttered open. At first my vision was blurry, unable to scan my surroundings. Panic rose inside me until I heard his voice.

"Baby? You're awake." Seonghwa spoke. I was squinting, trying to gather what what happening. He held my cheek in his hand and traced his thumb on my cheekbone.

"Yeosoon, how are you feeling?" My brother asked.

I tried to sit up but my body refused to communicate with my brain. "Where am I?" I asked.

"You're in the hospital, you were in an accident." Seonghwa replied, stroking my hair.

Finally, the memories came back. I remembered everything. I pushed Seonghwa's hands away from me. Yeosang stole his spot and held my hands instead. "How are you feeling?" He asked.

"What is he doing here?" Was my only answer. I glared at Hwa but only felt remorse due to his sorrowful eyes.

"The doctor's here." Jongho announced as he entered the room.

The doctor approached me and gave me a check up. "You have fractured ribs and a broken leg." He explained. "But I'm afraid the injury in your leg may not heal fully."

"B-but I've just become a trainee. I need to be able to dance." I responded.

"That won't be possible in your condition. Too much physical pressure on your leg may cause you tremendous pain."

"B...but that's all I have left."

Yeosang tightened his grip on my hand. "It's okay."

"No! It's not okay. Dance was the only thing he didn't take away from me! He took away my life, my body, my virtues. Dance was the only thing left." I cried.

"Who?" Seonghwa asked.

I glared at him with my moist eyes. "You have no right to speak to me."

He took a step closer. "Please, I can explain."

"I don't care. Just leave." I shouted.

"Yeosoon, it isn't..." Yeosang tried to explain before I cut him off.

"I just want him to leave! This is all his fault." I cried, the tears refused to stay put.

I watched as Seonghwa's eyes became glossy and his lip trembled while he left the room with the doctor and Jongho. It was only me and my brother left. I couldn't look him in the eyes. I felt ashamed of what I had done. "There was no need for that." He said.

My nostrils flared and my lips quivered. "I trusted him, Yeosang. But she still left me. After everything I still chose to love him." I sobbed.

"If you really trusted him you would have told him everything already." He snapped back.
I knew he was right. I pushed back that part of my life, refusing to bring it up but I knew it was wrong for Seonghwa to be in the dark. He had dealt with my problematic moments and not questioned a thing. "Besides. The decision wasn't his."

My eyes finally met his, if I could've I would've sat up. "What do you mean?"

"The CEO forced him to break up with you or else he would have to leave ATEEZ." Yeosang explained. "You to fought so hard just to be together. He hasn't even left your side since the accident. He loves you, Yeosoon. He regretted it the moment you walked out of the door."

I felt so stupid. I had become ungrateful for everything he had done for me. I underestimated his feelings for me. Guilt took over my body as I came to the realisation. "He knew you wouldn't accept it if he chose you over us. That's why he did it."

I stared into my brothers eyes. It was just like examining my own. "Yeosang, what have I done?" I wept "I need to apologise."

I was just about lifted my head up when Yeosang pushed it back on the pillow with his finger "rest first. You need to recover." He wiped my tears with his thumb "you need to be strong enough to come back home." He smiled. He stayed with me and held my hand until slumber overtook me.

Seonghwa's POV

I didn't know my heart could shatter into so many pieces. The amount of tears I produced since she asked me to leave could fill a swimming pool. I was unable to stop sobbing. Her words cut through me. "This is all his fault!" She blamed me and I had no idea how to deal with it. She was right.
While me and Jongho sat outside the room, the others eventually arrived. "How is she..." Mingi trailed off "Hyung? What's wrong?"

"Nothing." I lied. "But she's fine, Yeosang is just speaking with her."

At that moment Yeosang exited the room and greeted us all. "She's sleeping. I think she was just a little overwhelmed." He said, looking at me. He placed his hand on my shoulder. "When she wakes up, you should speak to her."

I nodded. Did she even want to talk to me? Overall I was delighted that she was okay. Although, I felt terrible that she won't be able to dance. I remembered the first time I saw her dance, it was when I knew I liked her. The emotion and talent she carried through her choreography made me intrigued. Now I may never be able to see it again.