CH-3 DEVILISHLY DELICIOUS

I worked till midnight

I worked till midnight. Then the office car dropped me at my home. Thank God, I had a spare key to the main door or else I would have to spend the whole night outside.

I was exhausted, so I didn't bother to change my clothes and slept without having dinner.

The next morning, when I opened my eyes and looked at the clock, it was already nine. Oh, God! I am late for the office.

I immediately ran to the bathroom to get ready. I didn't have time to prepare breakfast for myself. And I don't expect that my stepmother or half-sister will make breakfast for me. I don't want them to do it. What if they mixed poison in it?

I reached the office at ten. I noticed that on my way to the desk, everyone was giving me an amused look. Was something wrong with my appearance? I was wearing a yellow shirt with a long black skirt. I paired my outfit with a black hijab. In the name of make-up, I only applied Kohl to my eyes.

I directly entered Mr Kaiser's cabin, to show him the schedule, for which I sacrificed my valuable sleep.

"Sir, the schedule is ready," I said as I entered and began walking to his table.

"Go back." His order halted my steps. Without asking anything I went back to the door.

"Knock." He ordered.
Oh! I forgot to knock.

I knocked at the door.
"May I come in, sir?"

"You're already in, but still come in, Miss Nawaz."

I again walked to his table with an embarrassing yet amused look. I noticed, Mr Kaiser was also amused. But he hid the amusement behind a hard expression.

"I hope the schedule is ready."
That's why I am here, Mr Dumb Kaiser.

"Yes, sir. Please check it once." I handed him the file.

He checked the file just like a teacher who was trying to find a mistake in it. But he didn't find any mistake. I sacrificed my sleep for this stupid schedule, how could I be reckless while preparing it.

"Hmm, it's fine. You may go now."

I nodded and went to my desk.

"Wow! I worked the whole night over this schedule and he said, hmm, it's fine." I mimicked his tone.

After cursing my rude boss for few more moments, I engrossed myself in work again. Around lunchtime, someone came to my desk.
"Excuse me."

I looked at the person and it was Jashn.
"Good Afternoon, sir. How can I help you?"

He first smiled but then frowned. He was looking at my pale face.
"You haven't slept properly, right? He asked.

"Yeah, due to overtime at the office."

"If I am not wrong, yesterday was your first day at the office, right?"
I nodded.

"And you did overtime? Haaye Rabba!Now I understood why Taha's employees call him Devil."