CH-10 FEAR OF LOVE

It was dawn and I was still wide awake

It was dawn and I was still wide awake. I don't know why but I wanted to see him.

I immediately rushed for a bath. In the morning prayer, I wished God to complete all his wishes.

I think about him every moment, but still, I act like I don't care for him. I don't know why I am doing all this. I am confused about my feelings.

I tiptoed to his room. Luckily the door wasn't locked. I entered and found him sleeping with a peaceful expression on his face.

He was holding his bandaged wrist with care. I saw his phone carelessly thrown at the edge of the bed. I picked it up to place it at the table. The screen was on and it was showing my picture.

In the picture, I was standing on a playground enjoying the rain.

I smiled and maybe blushed too. But suddenly a question came to my mind.

This picture was two years old, as much as I can remember. It must be shot at my college.

How he can have it?

We met only two weeks ago. Then how he can have a two-year-old picture of mine?

Suddenly I heard his voice,
"Checking other's phone without his permission, is a bad manner."

I quickly put it on the table.
"You had thrown it carelessly. I was only placing it at the right place."

He kept looking at me with his sleepy eyes.

"How's your wrist now?"

"It's fine."

"Let me check. I don't believe you at all."

I grabbed his wrist carefully and looked at the wound with keen eyes.

"Does it hurt?"

"Not more than my heart."

"Heart is meant to get pain. Get used to it."

My philosophy left him speechless. I smirked at his silence.

"I'll bring medicine for you."

I was about to leave but he grabbed my wrist.

"Just stay, I'll be okay itself."

His words increased my heartbeats. His words had magic. But this magic can't cure his injured wrist, so I brought the medicine for him.

"Take it quickly." I handed him pills and a glass of water.

He obediently gulped it down with water.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Taha's P.O.V:

Aqsa is taking care of me. I longed for this care over years. Once I had expected this care from someone, but all I got was heartbreak. But it feels really special when someone cares for you.... without any greed.

"Aqsa."

"Yes?"

"...Marry me."

"Very bad joke, Mr Kaiser."

"I am not joking. I am serious."

She began chuckling.
"You mean, you want to marry a girl whom you met only two weeks ago?"

She doesn't believe what I just said. She met me two weeks ago, not me. I know her for a long time, but she isn't aware of it. But I can't reveal it to her, or else I am afraid that I will lose her.

"Yes. I seriously want to marry you."

"Mr Kaiser, stop joking. I don't like such jokes."

I stood up from bed and held her both the shoulders.
"Why don't you understand that I want to marry you? I need you in my life. I love you, Aqsa."

"Mr Kaiser! Stop it. I am not any random girl who will believe your words. I am better alone than being with you."

My grip on her shoulders got harsher. Her words hurt more than any weapon could.
"Leave me." She winced in pain.

"Marry me."

"Leave me!"

"I want you."

"I am not your possession. You have no right to decide my fate."

"What I have done for you, after that I have every right to decide your fate."

My statement confused her.
What I just said? I can't tell her the truth.

"Why do you hate me, Aqsa?" I asked helplessly.

"I don't hate you. I hate "love". I don't want it in my life. I am happy without it. Please, if you love me then leave me forever."

"I won't."

My hands cupped her face. I tried to form words. But her harsh denial left me wordless.

I want her. But not forcefully. I want her to be happy. Doesn't matter I am beside her or not. I want a happy life for her. I am a part of it or not.

Tears escaped my eyes. She always makes me emotional. I never cried in front of anyone. But in front of her, my heart feels comforted. My feelings get expressed like an open book. But she never tried to read them.

I freed her from my grip. She left the room immediately.

There is no reason to stay here anymore. My presence will only discomfort her.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

After four hours I was ready to leave for the city. Aqsa didn't show after what happened in the morning. Dadi was upset with my sudden departure.

"Dadi, it was a pleasure meeting you. I'll miss your tasty Pulao."

"Taha, I won't ask you to stay. Just want to tell you something."

"Of course, Dadi."

"Aqsa never received mother's love. Her father always ignored her. I tried everything but I couldn't give her the love of her parents. She never received love. That is why she doesn't believe in love. Since childhood, she lived alone. She is used to this solitude. I know, you love her. But your crazy stunts will only repulse her. Shower her with love. Teach her how to love. She has reasons to hate you. Give her a reason to love you. Do you understand?"

I nodded and hugged her.
"God bless you with the happiness of the whole world, my child."

I understood that I should not do these crazy stunts. But to get closer to her, one last time I have to pull a crazy stunt.

I know what I am planning is dangerous. But I can do anything for her.

Aqsa, just wait and watch. You'll be the one who will come running to me. My Devil mode is again started.

Devil mode 😈 is on.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
The next chapter will be about Taha's craziness. He'll show that he can go to any length to get Aqsa. His love is limitless.