CH-9 DON'T LEAVE ME

He smiled and entered inside

"Nice home." He complimented, which I totally ignored.

"Who's this boy, Aqsa?"
Dadi came there and looked at him.

"A tourist," I replied.

"And her boss." said the devil.

Was it important to say?

"He came to the valley for a vacation. His car got punctured in front of our home."

"Yeah, and it happened to be my Secretary's Dadi's home. Such a coincidence."

Taha was acting way more friendly in front of Dadi. I have never seen him smile this much. But he looks cute when he smiles.

Aqsa, you are angry with him!

"You are welcome, my child. Come on, eat something. You must be hungry."

Taha squatted on the mattress and Dadi gladly served him Pulao and he silently began eating it with a smile still plastering his face.

"Aqsa, you haven't finished your food. Sit and finish it." ordered my bossy Dadi.

I sat opposite Mr Kaiser and resumed eating.

It is a very difficult task to eat when someone is staring at you with an intense gaze. And the same happened to me. I couldn't eat properly because a devil was giving me his devilish vibes.

He was talking with Dadi but his eyes were on me. I hope Dadi doesn't notice it.

"So Taha, where are you staying?" asked Dadi.

"I am still trying to find a place. I think I have to spend tonight in my car. All the hotels and guesthouses are full."

Oh really! As much as I know tourists avoid coming to the valley in winters due to extremely cold weather, which means hotels and guesthouses would be largely vacant during this time.

Such a liar!

"Why don't you live here?" offered Dadi.

Dadi! Why you are not like those typical desi grannies? How can you let this devil live here when your innocent granddaughter is here?

Okay, I agree, I am not innocent. But still!

"Dadi, he won't adjust here. He isn't used to our lifestyle." I tried to shoo away this topic.

"I have no problem. I'll easily adjust."

Seriously!

"Ok then, bring your luggage," said Dadi.

Dadi! Why you did this? I can't live under the same roof with this Devil.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

In the next half an hour Mr Kaiser settled his luggage in the guestroom.

I am sure, he came here intentionally.

The most shocking thing was his behaviour. He is acting cool. In the office, he used to behave so rudely and arrogantly. But now he is full of life. His eyes are shining with happiness. A smile is plastered over his face all the time. He is looking different. I wish, he'll be like this rest of his life.

The whole day I avoided him. He tried to begin a conversation but I didn't respond to him. I am still upset with him. Due to his merciless grip, my wrist ached for the next two days. I won't forgive him easily.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

At night in the kitchen, I was making coffee for myself. All of a sudden Mr Kaiser entered the kitchen. I looked at him in utter shock.

"What are you doing here?"

"I want to talk with you."

"But I don't want to talk with you."

"You have to."

"What's your problem?" I shouted at him.

He kept quiet for few moments. He was trying to find the right words.

"I am sorry. I know, I misbehaved with you. Please don't act like a stranger with me."
His words were spoken from bottom of his heart.

But I acted like it didn't affect my anger.

"We will always be strangers, Mr Kaiser."

The very next moment he picked a knife and cut his wrist. I gasped in shock.

"Are you mad!?"
I held his injured wrist and dragged him to the hall. I made him sit on a chair and brought a first aid box. I began aiding his wound.

My anger knew no bound at that time. Cutting his wrist won't prove his innocence.

"Are you out of your mind, Mr Idiot Kaiser?"
He was silent.

"Stupid man, don't you know it could be really dangerous. You could even die."
Still silent.

"I want to slap you right now."

He pulled his wrist, but I again grabbed it.
"Don't dare to move," I warned him.

He didn't move again but kept staring at me.

Suddenly he hugged me.
"Slap me. Punch me. Do whatever you want to do. Just don't leave me."

I could feel his tears wetting my shoulder. He was crying... for me? My hands automatically began caressing his back.

"Are you crying?"

"No."

"Don't lie."

I didn't protest to end the hug, he needed me at that moment.

"Mr Kaiser?"

He didn't reply.

"Taha?"

"Hmm?"

"Let me bandage your wound."

He pulled out from the hug and wiped his tears. While I bandaged his wrist.

"Be careful with your wrist, Mr Crybaby Kaiser."

"I am not a crybaby."

I didn't respond and went back to the kitchen. I found my coffee burnt. I quickly switched off the stove and cleaned it. After cleaning the stove and vessel, I went to my room.

I tried to sleep, but sleep was playing hide and seek with me. I was awake the whole night. His face was flashing in front of my eyes.

Why did he cut his wrist?
Is he a psycho?
Or..... no, no.
It's not what I am thinking.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
Sorry for the short update. But writing a short chapter is better than writing nothing.

Have a good night 😘😘😘