CH-15 GUNS AND ROSES

I was sitting in the car, which was driven by Taha

I was sitting in the car, which was driven by Taha. He was silent. His silence would be a normal thing for others, but not for me. He never stops talking when I am with him. His silence was making me feel uncomfortable.

My tension increased when the car stopped in front of a graveyard. He got out and opened the door for me, showing his chivalrous nature hidden under a fake hardness.

Hesitantly I got out and followed him inside the graveyard. He stopped in front of the gravestone, "Tehnima Kaiser" was engraved on it.

Now I understood everything. It's his mother's grave.

He kneeled and smiled sadly.

"Ammi, sorry I didn't bring flowers for you. Today I have brought a flower to meet you. Meet your daughter-in-law, Aqsa..."

He looked at me, his eyes were glistening with tears
.
"..I have told you naa, she looks exactly like you. See, I was right..."

I was silently standing and looking at him.

"...She shouts at me. Won't you scold her for that? She says I am mad. This stupid girl never understand I love her..."

A tear slipped from my eye.

"....Ammi, tell her to love me. She doesn't even try to do so. She thinks of me as a playboy. Tell her, I am not that. Your son is not like that, you know..."

He was now crying.

"Ammi, I am afraid. She will leave me alone. Just like you left me alone... with that devil." His last three words confused me.

I kneeled to handle him.

"Taha.... don't cry. Please."

I cupped his face. His eyes looked into my eyes expectantly. I wiped his tears and kissed his forehead.

It was the first time I kissed him. I could see a glint of happiness in his eyes.

"Ammi, tell your son to not cry. He always began crying in front of me. He behaves like a baby. That's why I shout at him."

He smiled at my words.

He kept looking at me for some time.

"Let's go." He said and stood up.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Taha left for the office as he had some urgent work to finish. It disappointed me but I liked his dedication to his work.

During lunchtime, I prepared food for him and took the tiffin to the office myself. After the morning incident, I just wanted to spend some time with him.

When I entered the office, everyone's eyes turned in my direction. After all, I am the C.E.O.'s wife.

I mumbled "thank you" to their greetings and headed towards Taha's office.