12

october 26, 2018

i wake up, groaning and turning to stretch my arm out on the bed. the sound of rain filled my ears and i felt at peace for a second. i flinch when it lands on a body and i hesitatingly pull it back.

jahseh: ouch

he mumbles into the pillow and i rub his back.

madison: sorry, i thought i was alone

jahseh: it's okay.

madison: damn i wish i would have hit billie instead of you. but i'm relieved you're not billie.

jahseh: yeah, she was a headache after you went to sleep.. shit!

i hear a thump and dart my head to where he was laying, only to see he had disappeared. i laugh when i realise he's fallen off the bed.

madison: you okay?

he pops up and grabs his shirt off the floor, putting it on quickly.

jahseh: yeah, but i just remembered i promised claudia i'd come in and see her today. wanna come?

madison: i'll come in later, but i'm still tired

he nods and walks out of my room after thanking me and saying bye. i lay there, letting the memories from last night pour into my mind after being ignored for the hours i was sleeping. i'm slapped back into reality when i hear a voice from downstairs, and decide to go check it out. after minutes of laying there, i change my mind and stay in bed for a while, leaving people to think i'm still asleep. i find my mind on billie again. thinking of why she did what she did last night. the door opened and i found myself looking at the devil herself.

billie: hey

madison: don't hey me.

billie: please maddie, don't do this. not now

madison: don't not now me.

i got up angrily and looked at her.

billie: what do you want me to do?

she walked over to me and i felt anger building up inside of me with every step she took. once she reached me i walked around her and out of the room, walking downstairs while putting my hair in a messy bun.

billie: madison, i'm sorry.

madison: no you're not billie we both know you're not.

we get downstairs and i walk into the kitchen, going to the fridge and grabbing out the juice while our friends watched us.

billie: so we're not gonna talk about that night?

madison: what night?

billie: the night we had sex.

i glance over at our friends and then look at her, turning fully around.

billie: that night i realised the most impossible thing. we only met a few weeks ago but that one night i realised i'm in love with you.

i took a step and swung my hand at her face, slapping her cheek. she doesn't flinch at all, as if she had known it was coming.

madison: no you aren't

i leave the juice in it's place on the counter and walk to where our friends are sitting. before i can sit down and join them billie grabs my hand, making me turn to face her once again.

billie: maddie i love you

once again i feel the anger build up inside me and next thing we all knew, my hand was flying up to meet her face once again, this time she flinches a little, not expecting me to slap her again. my hand was in pain, and her cheek was dark red.