28

listening to:
someday, the strokes
apocalypse, cigarettes after sex

december 19, 2018

the party was still going, though we had expected to finish at midnight. everyone was hit on the same buzz and i was glad to see billie happy.

start first song

finneas: last song!

a beat begins to play and billie jumps up from her seat with her beer and runs to a crowd of people

billie: I LOVE THIS SONG

everyone gets up and starts dancing around her and shit. a crowd of voices begin to sing the song while some even cheer and throw their hands up.

everybody: IN MANY WAYS, THEY'LL MISS THE GOOD OLD DAYS SOMEDAY

billie looks at me

billie: it hurts to say, but i want you to stay

she mouths as she gets pulled into the crowd with everybody dancing and singing every single lyric, no one missing a single beat. she looked like she was having so much fun and i was glad to see her like this. everybody's sweaty bodies jumped to the beat which was almost impossible. billie tried her best not to get crushed being in the middle of them

everybody: OH MAYA SAYS I'M LACKING IN DEPTH, I WILL DO MY BEST

as if practiced everybody moves away from her so she's standing alone, leaving her dazed and confused but not reacting to anything at all

everybody: SEE ALONE WE STAND TOGETHER WE FALL APART

they all run at her making her half flinch and even over the loud music i could hear her cute laugh. everybody kept on singing and dancing with her while the lights changed color. larri sits next to me and takes a sip of his drink.

larri: you're so in love

madison: am not

larri: girl- that's a total lie

madison: alright shut up

larri: knew it

he rests his head on my shoulder and we both take a sip of our drinks. the song goes on but nobody stops dancing or anything, there were even people singing the beat. people started running around the place to go grab more beers if they had finished theirs. some of the guys decided to grab finneas who had been sitting across the room from me.

larri: alright that's cue

madison: what's cue?

he pulls me up and we run over to where billie and the crowd is. everyone is jumping and singing. the sight of billie made me wanna cry. seeing her this happy but being so hurt. she looks at me as the song continues and everything around us seems to freeze. it was just me and her, atleast it felt like that.

everybody: MAYA SAYS I'M LACKING IN DEPTH SHIT I WILL TRY MY BEST

billie: you say you wanna stay by my side, darling your head's not right

everyone else continues their buzz as billie holds my hand and sings to me. everything seems to fade back into place when billie lets go and begins jumping again. suddenly our bodies are pressed together as everyone brings us into a group hug while the rest of the song plays.

finneas: let's clean this shit up

and everyone gets to work. people throwing things in the trash, getting clothes out of the pool, as if they were even meant to be there. people move around the house picking up trash or remaking the couches, showing atleast some type of respect for the house. all i could really focus on was billie and the song playing. after only a few minutes the house was clean and either people were leaving while others just chilled around for a while. (play next song)

we're pretty much just sitting there, me on one side of the table and billie on the other. she's just sitting there, vibing to the song. people around her talking.

madison: i can't do this. bil,

everyone stops talking and looks at me.

madison: i'm in love with you but if you're not ready i can't just sit here and act like i'm not as well. i don't think we should be friends

billie: why?

finneas: billie..

billie: no shut up, why?

madison: i can't control myself when i'm around you.

billie: okay and that makes sense but that doesn't mean that we can't be friends.

madison: i just can't be around you like this

billie: yes you can

madison: you don't know billie, you don't know how i feel.

her facial expression had completely changed. she was mad at me. i avoided eye contact with her as i let the tears slip. she stands up, jah standing with her.

billie: why didn't you tell me this yesterday? you wanted to wait this long? why are you doing this madison? why?

madison: i'm sorry

billie: no you're not. tell me the truth. why? do you wanna hurt me in front of everyone? i feel like fucking you up.

madison: i'm not scared of you

jah flinches when billie tries to run at me. he grabs her arms, pulling her back.

billie: LET ME GO

i look at him and he furrows his eyebrows before letting her go. everybody watches as billie slams me up against a wall and starts yelling at my face. my eyes were closed, i didn't wanna see her like this. she stops yelling and i open my eyes.

madison: hit me

billie: i can't

i feel myself slide down the wall and completely breakdown. people were now being told to leave by her parents. now it was just us and the small friend group. i look up as billie punches the wall above me and walks away.

billie: FUCK

i watch her open the back door and walk outside. jah gets up to go after her but finneas stops him, lifting his hand up to give him a blunt.

finneas: it'll calm her down

he nods then walks out. my sight was blurry as i felt arms wrap around me. finneas walks up to us and digs through his pockets before pulling out another blunt with a lighter.

finneas: go get high, then i'm taking you home, okay?

i take it from him and he leans down then hugs me.

finneas: i'm sorry about her, she's not used to letting go of people she loves.

claudia helps me up and we walk to the garage. i sit on the pool table as i light the blunt while claudia just walks around doing random things. after the blunt i was lazily smiling to myself. we go back inside together and finneas gets ready to take me home. billie walks in with jah and walks up to me.

billie: be safe okay?

i nod and she kisses my forehead. i lean into her and her arms come around my waist as she sways us.

madison: happy late birthday

billie: thank you

finneas takes me home while he plays the weirdest shit on the radio. surprisingly i'm vibing, leave me alone though i'm high okay. when we get to my house he puts me to bed and we have a little talk about where billie and i are right now.

finneas: well, i think it's home time

madison: okay

he lays on me and we both laugh

madison: bye finn

finneas: i'll visit with claudia later on

madison: okay

i pretty much just dazed off in my own little world when he left. i stared at my led lights that changed color and just thought about all the things billie and i have done together. the park. this isn't over.

-----
tenks 🥰
1262 words