7

"Which one do you want?" Kieran asked. Jay sat across from him at a table in a diner in Amber Falls; The Kitchen. The name wasn't anything unique, but their food was always delicious. Now, Jay had a broader menu to pick from.

Jay looked around at the people dining with their friends or family. "I don't know," Jay said, shaking her head. "When I look at these people, they're with someone that cares about them."

Kieran got closer to her as he spoke. "Everyone cares about somebody!" He said in an aggressive whisper. "Everyone is somebody's child, parent or sibling. You're not here to kill anyone, just to feed. Grab somebody, feed on them, and wipe their memory. Easy as that." Kieran looked around the room as he was talking.

"Easy for you to say, you've been doing this for centuries," Jay grumbled out. She quieted down when their server came over to the table.

"Are you ready to order?" She said while looking at Kieran. She wrote on a piece of paper as he spoke. Jay read of a drink from the menu, but the waitress didn't turn to acknowledge Jay. Getting agitated fast, Jay spoke again. The waitress gave her a look but wrote down what she said. "I'll be right back with your order, Hun." Her hand grazed Kieran's arm as she walked away. Kieran turned to watch her walk away.

Jay scoffed. "I pick her."

"Nice choice." Kieran didn't turn around until the waitress was out of sight. Jay gave him a displeased look.

"Is somebody jealous?" Kieran had a teasing tone.

Jay turned her face away from Kieran. "No, but her actions were disgusting."

Kieran gave a cocky grin. "Well, we're not together, so I think her actions were pleasant."

Jay scoffed again. "And how is she to know that? I can only imagine the number of times she's done that to some poor couple." Jay was seething. Her anger peaked faster than usual.

Kieran leaned back in his seat. "We'll wait till she's off her shift. If you want, I can ask her." Kieran gave a slight smirk.

"She'll only talk to you anyway." Jay crossed her arms and waited for the server to come back to their table. Once she returned with their order, she revealed to Kieran that she would be off in fifteen minutes. The waitress also shared some other details that made Jay hate this girl even more. She sipped on the fizzy pop in front of her. Jay was just waiting for the moment she could make this girl feel powerless.

Looking at Kieran, Jay tried to figure out if this was the right moment to tell him what she had seen. She knew she had gone to the bonfire and that her dad had come to pick her up, but she had no memory of Kieran being there until that night her memory came back. She wanted to know if it was real, if it really was a memory.

Jay heard the waitress say bye to her colleagues before going into the kitchen.

"I see that look," Kieran said from over her shoulder as they were walking out of the diner.

"What look?" Jay kept walking down the street and to his parked car.

Kieran pulled on her arm to stop her. "Like you want to kill someone."

"I'm not going to kill anyone." Jay rolled her eyes at Kieran.

"That's why I'm here to make sure you don't," Kieran said. He looked behind him as the diner's door opened. Out came the waitress. Jay could hear the blood rushing through the girl's body. She felt pressure in her gums as she watched the waitress walk into the parking lot.

"Showtime," Kieran said.

Jay followed Kieran as they walked toward the girl.

"Hey again," Kieran said from behind her. The girl was startled, but once she saw who was behind her, she relaxed.