Chapter 3: A Girl

(Keefe POV)

I read the card. The picture displayed a young girl about my age with blonde hair and beautiful brown eyes. Age 15. Only two years younger than me. I read through the rest of the information about this girl and dreaded the thought of having to kill her. I repeated her name over and over, liking the sound of her name. Sophie Foster, Sophie Foster, Sophie Foster, Sophie Foster. I often wonder why I can't live my life like a normal teenager.

Dad hands me his sharpest knife. "Here's what you're going to do," he said, putting his hands on the table. "I don't care what you say, but you're going to make her hug you. Or just hug her. Then reach around her back and pull out the knife from your forearm coat pocket. You know what to do next. Sharp and fast." My heart dropped. Something about this felt different. I've murdered so many innocent people under my father's orders... but this was not like the others. "If you don't kill her," He glared at me with his piercing eyes again. "Then I'll just have to kill her myself." I nodded in understanding. "W-why her Dad? What did she do?" I asked curiously. "She knows too much. She knows the ways of con and murder. She's seen it before her own eyes. From my studies, Sophie Foster is a witch."