Chapter 9: Sunset

(Keefe POV)

I run my hand through my hair, tousling it up a bit. I throw on some jeans and a casual T-shirt. I looked at my tracker. She was already driving to the park. I grabbed my keys and hurried to the park.

When I got there, I looked around for Sophie. "Hey." a female voice said from behind me. I jumped and turned around. She laughed at me and I smirked at her. I took a moment to look at her. She had an oversized hoodie that looked cute on her and black leggings. Clearly, we both didn't bother to dress up for this. I'm glad though, I didn't want it to be awkward or anything. "You look nice tonight...?" I complimented. Talk about awkward. Even with the dark sky, I could tell she was blushing. "Thank you?" she replied. I loudly exhaled. Then, I led her to my favorite spot in the park. It was a grassy hill with blooming flowers. I sat down under a tree and she spaced herself next to me. Her sparkling brown eyes seemed fascinated by the setting sun. "I never asked for your name," she said. "Keefe. Keefe Sencen." She nodded. "Nice to meet you, Keefe Sencen."

"So why did you want to come here tonight? Just... just wondering," she asked. What do I say? "I... wanted to um, I don't know. Just talk?" I stuttered. She giggled. "Okay, I'm fine with that." Sophie said. My stomach filled with a swirly sensation. I laid down on the grass and watched the sun disappear behind the orange, pink, and purple sky. The clouds drifted peacefully in their gorgeous coral color. The stars began to come out of their shadow. Sophie laid down on the grass as well, and we looked up in silence for who knows how long. I never wanted this night to end. Then the thought came. The thought of having to kill her. I sat up. "I... I have to go now!" I mumbled, fumbling for my keys. Sophie rose abruptly. "Is everything alright?" she asked frantically. I nodded, my terrible thoughts quickly taking over me. With no further thoughts, I wrapped my trembling arms around her. She didn't see it coming so she was pretty tense, but she relaxed after we hugged for a few seconds. I never wanted to let go of her. I never wanted to murder her. I wanted to be with her forever. That was my decision, but who cares about what I think?