Chapter 18: Truth Or Dare Pt.1

(Keefe POV)

I wasn't expecting to see Bangs Boy and his sister here. We sort of have a strange history with each other. They didn't used to have dyed tips.

                                                                                             ***

My mother put me down in the sandbox. I hated this playground, but we came here a lot so my parents could socialize. There was a girl in the sandbox, and her icy eyes, similar to mine, were staring at me. Without thinking, I grabbed a fist of sand and threw it at her. She looked at her parents with angry tears in her eyes, but they weren't paying attention. In solution, she began to bawl. Her parents snapped up from their magazines. "Quiet, Linh! Quit crying." her father shouted. Suddenly, a boy who looked exactly like her came stomping over from the swings. I stood up as he got closer. "Why did you make my sister cry? Who do you think you are?!" he demanded, angrily. "I'm Keefe Sencen, and I'm proud of it!" I yelled. Back in those days when I was at the young age of 3, I guess I had no clue what my future was to turn out like. Anyway, from that day on, our parents thought we were friends so we hung out a lot. Bad, bad idea. I also nicknamed Tam "Bangs Boy" because he has some sick bangs. Not that I would ever tell him that.

                                                                                              ***

"Fitzy, truth or dare?" Biana asked. I snapped back from my flashback and focused on the game. "Dare." Fitz replied. Biana smirked. "I dare you to arm wrestle with our Keefey here!" Everyone rolled their eyes but they were clearly excited. Fitz and I rested our elbows on a small table and I winked at Sophie. She giggled and gave me a thumbs up. I rolled up my sleeves and took a deep breath. I wasn't about to humiliate myself in front of all these beautiful people. Our hands clasped.

Fitz was strong. I hadn't expected it to be this hard, but I'd say our match was quite close. The muscles in my arms were working harder than ever, and I think the same for him. Finally, I began to shake and I couldn't take it anymore. Fitz slammed my forearm to the table. He smirked and pumped his fist in victory. "He cheated!" I whined, even though I knew he won fair and square. Sophie took my hand. "I love you Keefe, but we all know Fitz won." I smiled at her. It was kind of rubbing it in my face, but the way she put it was soothing. For the first time, I forgot all about having to murder her.