Chapter 21: The Letter

(Sophie POV)

The light began to pour from the windows of Biana's room. I squeezed Keefe's hand, but instead of feeling a hand, I felt paper. Crinkly and cold. I thrust open my eyes and saw that Keefe was missing. My heart dropped as I began to wake up more and more each time I made an unfold. This was Keefe's messy handwriting. 

Dear Foster,

As your boyfriend, I know what's best for you, me, and us. If you're concerned about me, I advise you that you aren't. I know that sounds hard, and it is. You just have to trust me. That's what relationships are, right? Trusting each other? I totally get it if you hate me, Soph. I'm going to miss you. But I know that this is right for us, and if I'm too save our relationship, I've got to do this. It's beyond understanding, but you just have to hold my hand in your heart and believe that I know what I'm doing. I love you with all my heart and I always have, ever since I saw your gorgeous brown eyes in the humble coffee shop. Watching the sunset with you are moments I will never forget. Now knowing my girlfriend, you're probably going to want to hop on a plane and find me. I'm not saying you have to- but here's a clue poem I wrote for you.

To the east is where I go. Lobster bakes, no rattlesnakes, and more for me to know. If you find me let it snow, for I'll be waiting under mistletoe.

Your boy,

Keefe 

Tears sprang to Sophie's eyes each sentence she read. Keefe ran away. One thing's for sure. She was running after him, no matter what state he's in.