PART 09.

SOPHIE'S POV
She thought she could do it, she thought she could stand there and put on a face so that they could see she was alright. But she couldn't, everytime she looked to him she didn't get the smirk and the mischievous look going on in his eyes instead she got pity. Yes, she got pity out of Keefe Sencen beacause he couldn't remember her.

"Um...I should go back." Without waiting for them to say anything she reached for her leaping crystal.

"Wait...um Sophie? Can we talk? Alone?" Sophie didn't want to talk, she wanted to go to Havenfield throw herself in her bed and cry for preferably a week. But despite herself she found herself giving him an encouraging nod.

When all of them had left, most of which who gave her sympathetic looks. Keefe let long sigh, Sophie wanted to the same...wait couldn't he feel that?

"Don't you feel it?" She asked him.

He gave her a confused look.
"My feelings. Before...you used to..." She felt the awkard need to smile at that "before"

"Before... I can't by the way, your feelings." A silence set over them, it had never been so awkard around them, either he would joke about something.

"Were we close?" She didn't know how to answer, sure they've experience alot together. But...

"Yeah, we were." She felt the need to go over and hug him, scold him for being so dumb.

"Can you just pretend for a moment that we actually know each other beacause there is a lot of things I need to say to you."  She waited for him to answer.

"Um...okay?" Without considering his look Sophie let on.

"First of all...HOW COULD YOU? You promised! You don't break promises! You could have died! You almost did! I told you, I warned you, stay at home Keefe beacause your mom-" his mom. Did he remember that?

She looked towards him and the pain in his eyes answered her question.

"Wow I must have been a bad friend if you have that much to tell about me."  He smirked and Sophie was glad to see it. But it broke something in her, tears were stinging at her eyes. She looked away.

"Um... Thank you that helped. Even though you don't know what half of it means." She looked at him again, he was now standing inches infront of her.

"I'm sure whether I remember you or not I would want to give your this." Then he hugged her.