PART 11.

SOPHIE'S POV

At that point Sophie didn't believe in luck and she pretty much wanted to punch Mr Forkle but she knew he was right. They had to do this.

Keefe and her seated themselves on the bed, not that close Sophie noted.
She reached out her hands to his temples and before she touched him, "You sure your all right with this?"
Keefe gave a her nod. She pressed her hands to his temples.
***
Sophie had been on Keefes brain before, mostly it was a vivid show of memories one after the other, having photographic memory.

But this time it was different. The memories were all jumbled up and they were... glitching. And as Sophie looked closer she realized that there were a cloud of shadow on every inch of the memories.
She didn't know what she was looking for but Mr.Forkel had said she'll know when she finds it.

Sophie thought she heard a faint sound and as she listened she did, it took her deeper into his mind past memories she was trying not to pay attention to.

She reached to where the voices were loudest, she still couldn't make out what they were saying. She realized why, a whole section of his mind was cut off.

There were of course ways to permanently erase memory but what happened to Keefe was different. To erase memories you needed to have contact but Keefe had gone through a whole transformation. Edaline had told her yesterday it might been the stress of it.

But this! Sophie tried to put her hand through it and had instantly regretted it. There were clouds of black ravelling around her arm and slowly making its way to her neck and it was choking her and her mind was feeling as if it was being ripped to pieces.
She was going to die.

But a light cut through it and a burst of energy flowed through her and the coils recoiled. Fitz.
She smiled at the thought they still had they're cognate connection even after everything that's happened.

She thought of going back and telling the others about this but...
This was Keefe, Sophie promised she was going to be there for him. And though she hated to admit it she wanted him to remember her and the only way that's going to happen is if this wall was going down.