PART 10.

KEEFE'S POV
It was the best thing Keefe felt after waking up, truth to be told he was breaking inside. There were so many people that actually cared about him and Sophie. She provided him with the support that he needed, he was glad that she was not pushing him away. But she was hurt too, they both were.

No matter who wiped these memories Keefes going to make new ones, he's going to know Sophie all over again.

He wasn't sure how long they stayed like that, but he didn't mind. He let go and realized he was crying...oh.
So was Sophie. He wanted to hug her again but he kept his hands firmly at his sides.

"Um.. You okay?" Keefe wanted to smack himself, of course she's not alright.

"Oh...Yeah. I'm fine." She averted her gaze and hugged herself.

"Hey Sophie? How did we meet?" Keefe asked carefully.

Sophie's eyes lit up and soon they were going through everything they've been together.
"FITZ HAS A SPARKLING DRAGON NAMED MR.SNUGGLESS?"

Sophie bursted out laughing. "You were so mad that I didn't tell you."

"AS I SHOULD BE!" but he was laughing too.

"Well, I see you two are getting along alright." Keefe whipped around to see an orgre. He remembered her with the pink ponytails from when he woke up. She's also been there since, though she hasn't made whatsoever attempt to introduce herself.

"RO!" Sophie said, genuinely suprised to see.

"Hiya Blondie. Forgot I was here?" There was something sad about her, Keefe must've known her too.

"Um..Keefe this is Princess Romildha. We call her Ro. She's your bodyguard." Keefe did a double take between Ro and Sophie.

An orgre princess as HIS bodyguard?
"Um...how exactly did I manage that?" Keefe asked eying the princess. Who flashed him a toothy grin.
"You didn't." She answered. "Your mommy dearest did it for you "
Oh, of course she did.

"Do they know what happened?"  Keefe looked at Sophie.

"They wanted to ask you some questions but wait until you get better." Keefe was suddenly hit with a pang of worry and hurt.

Someone cleared their throat and Keefe saw that they indeed were not alone. The strange wrinkled guy was there and his friends.

"You may not remember me but my name is Mr.Forkel or that's what they call me." He said. The guy gave Keefe weird vibes.

"If it's alright with you I would like to ask a few questions from you." He spent the next ten minutes answering questions that made no sense to him at all and finally,
"Miss Foster you are going to have to enter his mind."

A wave of silence passed through the room.
"Me?" Sophie looked as if she definitely didn't want to do it and Keefe was right there with her.

"Yes. We can't know for sure what is wrong with Mr. Sencen until we know what's wrong with his brain." Forkel said.

"Nothing is wrong with my brain." He felt the words leave his mouth and the stares that it got him Keefe knew that something was.

"If it's all right with you?" Sophie asked, avoiding eye contact.

Keefe felt a familiar sort of defensiveness rise up from him but this was Sophie and for him even though they spent like 1 hour together for Keefe it felt like his whole life.
"Let's do it."