PART 23.

(PART 23) KEEFE'S POV.
The silence between them was new for Keefe. It was like even saying something out loud would undo whatever just happened.
Whatever just happened.
The afternoons events were still slushing around his brain, maybe it was because he refused to let them settle and accept this.
Keefe didn't even feel the slightest emotion from Sophie anymore.
"I can't feel your emotions anymore." Keefe said taking another turn through the dark corridors of Fox Fire.
"Really?" From the corner of his eye he saw Sophie look down at her hands as if they contained the secrets of the universe.
He abruptly stopped. He took Sophie's hand and looked straight into her eyes.
"Look Foster whatever just happened right now just remember that I don't care about it. Yes, I freaked out but what did you except me to do? The thing is..."
He considered telling her about his Mom's visit to him and about the things she said. It had left a cold feeling in Keefe. But he didn't need Foster to worry about another thing right now.
"...I was scared that I would forget again. Forget you and... I didn't act very well. The fact that I can't even feel your emotions anymore it makes me realize I miss them." He then smirked, "Even the I'm-worrying- too-much-that-I-think-I'm-going-to-vomit." He winked and leaned closer till he was eye to eye with her that he could see count every single gold speck in her eyes. "Especially that one." He whispered.
The widen eyes and flushed cheeks made Keefe wonder how ever he could forget Sophie Foster. He wanted to lean in closer. He always did but yet somehow he managed to move away and smiled. He laughed at her flushed cheeks.
Her face was an unbelievability of shock and anger. She shoved passed him and made way through the corridors as if she knew where she was going.
Keefe only laughed louder and followed her.
"Hey FOSTERRRR WAITTT!"
Nothing will ever make him forget her again.