PART 19.

KEEFE'S POV.
There were a lot of things Keefe felt when he was around his mother, hate, sadness and this deep feeling of being ashamed.
But when he looked to her right then, he felt blank. He knew he should feel something, here was the person that made him forget the most important person in his life. Who made her go through much pain. And yet.
"Mother." He was surprised again the steadiness of his own voice.
Lady Gisela tilted her head to the side, "It's been a while. How are you feeling Keefe? Forgotten? Are you sinking? Hatred to our little dear moon lark?"
He still remained blank. What was happening? What is wrong with him?
"What did you do to me?" This time his voice broke and he could feel something rise from the depths below.
"Just a little tampering. Nothing big. We can't have you going crazy now." She smiled.
Something was very wrong with him, he knew it. But here was the only person who knew what it was.
"WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?" The hate he was going for didn't come. It sounded bland, a mere attempt. A child whining for his toy. This was what she made him feel like every time he was with her. And he couldn't do anything about it.
"Nothing is wrong with you dear, your perfectly fine. After all your the one who let the change happen." She seemed bored in the conversation as if she knew what this was going like.
"You made me forget..."
There were tears in his eyes now but still it was blank. But he realized why she had made him forget. Sophie. She would be the only reason he would keep fighting, his mother's will, his father's whatever and if he couldn't remember Sophie there was nothing in his life to keep him from giving in.
"It wasn't planned of course but you just kept being so stubborn. But I suppose it doesn't matter now, our little moon lark couldn't keep her hands of you..." She looked to him and went on,
"Shame. She should have left it alone, but no Sophie does insist on being involved in everything. It was her choice not mine..." He knew what she was doing she was keeping him guessing, words thrown out that somehow made sense but didn't fit to the puzzle.
"Leave her out of this." Keefe said, this time it wasn't blank, this time it was filled with hatred. The thought of her hurting Sophie seemed to spark something in him. It was low but it was there.
Lady Gisela laughed. " Dont you see? I did leave her out of this. But nevermind now, I see your well and that's enough. In the meantime Keefe try to stay dormant. It would be a shame for you to break when I still have so much to use you for. Bye bye. Say hi to Sophie for me."
Then he fell.