Prologue

▪︎

Poignancy

[Uncountable Noun]

The quality that something has when it affects you deeply and makes you feel very sad.

Jade lies down Felix's lap as Felix ruffles her hair gently,  they watch the sunset , hearts filled with warmth and happiness.  This is the most comfortable Felix has felt . He is sure he loves her , he's sure he wants her by his side forever and he even wishes to marry her .

Felix is someone who wears his heart on his sleeve , he gives too much without expecting anything in return . He loves fiercely and without any second thoughts . He's loyal , gentle and in every way seems perfect to the world but for Jade it's a different story . She can't deny Felix's attractiveness no one can neither can she deny his loyalty to the point that she's never jealous because he rejects girls on whim never ever shows any sign of interest in any of them . The only female he talks to is his childhood bestfriend who clearly is like his sister . Jade should be happy , she should feel elated to have such a loyal and kind boyfriend but she isn't she's been denying it but she isn't,  there's no excitement,  there's no competition,  there are no fights and no misunderstanding.  It is simply boring she wants to live life on the edge , she wants to argue with him , have intense misunderstandings almost break up and then get back together. She hates how simple things are for them , she hates how understanding he is never doubting her even for a second  . It's too much she needs something different and so when her eyes fall on a challenge she takes it up without thinking of the consequences.

Changbin wipes the dust off his locker , he hadn't opened it in weeks , he never really leaves books inside here and if he does he just chooses to not carry the book along to class . He's lazy that way . He turns to look over at a bunch of girls whispering to each other and when they find him looking at them , they scatter out immediately out of fear .

He's feared , he's considered intimidating,  a bad boy and some boys think he must get all the girls with that attitude and that appearance but everyone here is too afraid to approach him. The rumours about him are rough from he's in a gang to he killed someone  . He's used to it , to absurd rumours that make no sense and he seemingly doesn't seem to care .

He has a passion for rapping , something that he has concealed . His world revolves around music but no one really know . He writes , he composes , he even takes dance classes in secret . His dream of becoming an Idol seems farfetched but he dreams anyway .

Jisung slides into Derek's arms carefully,  Derek's angry at him once again . Jisung presses kisses on his lips and asks for forgiveness but is thrown back harshly , his tailbone now aching , tears sting in his eyes as he watches Derek walk away . He understands however , wasn't it his fault that he was sitting so close to those girls , wasn't it his fault to have provoked his boyfriend.  He had asked Derek to keep their relationship a secret , he was the one afraid to come out , he was the one restraining Derek , he was at blame .

His knuckles pressed against the walls in a weak attempt of taking out his frustration.  He didn't feel any better . He walked up to the living room to find Derek sitting on the couch staring into oblivion.  Jisung felt guilty,  he hurt his boyfriend.  How could he ?

He knelt down before Derek and begged for forgiveness,  promising him that he'll always listen to him first . Derek gazed at him for a while , he raised his hand and Jisung flinched out of habit . He chuckled at Jisung's scared expression and wrapped his hand around Jisung's neck telling him to make up to him by giving him a blow job . It felt humiliating but Jisung obeyed .

It was all his fault or so he thought .

Minho held his head down low as he tried learn the content of the history chapter that was troubling him immensely. He watched the couple at the corner if the cafe giggle and press kisses on each other's forehead.  Envy burned inside of him . He was jealous. 

He considered himself lonely,  with his quiet and cold personality no one was ever interested in approaching and the few that had only made a move in hopes that they could change him and brag about it to their friends. 

He didn't want to change , he liked how was , he wanted to noticed for who is , loved for who he is but maybe he was thinking to far.

He closed his book then to search up Kdramas with cold introverted male leads and watched to give himself hope that someone might eventually like him just the way he was.

▪︎