Six

▪︎

"Changbin? Are you okay?"

"I - Ofcourse " he muttered out his voice shaking.

Violet had been raoming around as usual ignoring the three assignments that she hadn't started yet even though they were due next week . She had been around the football field talking to her mother on the phone when she heard a string of sobs from behind the bleachers . She quickly told her mother to look after herself and cut the call off to see whoever it was . Violet was empathetic to the point where it was considered nosy and she had received quite a lot of backlash because of her need to know about everyone's problems .

Ever since the other cheerleaders had started talking about her saying things like 'she's only doing it to gather attention to herself ' or 'she's just trying to be popular ' she had stopped trying to look out for people.  She was glad Jade wasn't a part of that or so she thought. 

She had just wanted to see who it was when she heard those sobs , she hadn't planned on bothering them understanding that not everyone can consider her trustworthy though she tries her hardest to be liked by everyone it is after all impossible.

  That was her issue she was a people pleaser , what people thought of her mattered to her more than anything and being hated by those girls and the others that had been influenced by them it was hard for her to love herself anymore .

When she saw that it was Changbin something inside her stirred up .

Guilt .

Guilt for considering Changbin dangerous,  for doing what the others did to her , be influenced by opinions and rumours , Guilt for not approaching him earlier , for not noticing him because the sight she saw clearly portrayed that he was hurt and struggling.  Yet it had never crossed her mind even once that he was human too he must be facing things too and without anyone to lean on he must be hurting alone .

"Sorry for intruding " she whispered sitting beside him , " but I'm staying "

"I'm fine " Changbin muttered out sighing .

"You can cry I'll just sit here "

"I'm fine " he repeated as if he's convincing himself  .

"Changbin just let it out "

"I'm fucking fine " he yelled out hitting his hand against the ground harshly and then came the tears .

Violet held his hand up easing his fist .

"It's okay , it'll be fine "

"You can't say shit like that "

"Sorry I know I don't know anything but I'm here "

"No I just - "

"You don't have to tell me its okay "

"Fuck you for being so nice "

Violet smiled .

"Seriously I thought you were so annoying at first "

"I am annoying "