5

Mya woke up anew this morning, feeling salubrious and motivated to get her day started. She had a good night's sleep, her tire was nothing she had to worry about anymore and she was going out tonight.

Day 2 of the summit went by extremely fast and Mya was even happier because Tristan didn't bother her today even though she could feel his eyes on her the entire time. That's the first time she's ever not given him the satisfaction of reacting.

During the summit, Mya's mind raced about J.T. Her nerves hovering between excitement and anxiety. She admitted to herself that she was unhealthily curious about the woman. She was a little off about it, her body reacting to the new woman in a way she couldn't explain. Mya fought with pushing off the confusing excitement and decided to just roll with it. There was no use in overthinking something she considered trivial.

She searched up the place J.T. told her to meet her at. Mya's jaw dropped a little when she learned it was more than just your average pub. It had strippers and parties of the sort during certain nights along with private back rooms that people could reserve for other personal tastes.

She didn't know what to think and didn't want to assume anything. Again, she's a straight woman, confident in her sexuality, and just because J.T. asked her to go out and get drinks didn't really mean anything. Jewel Club could've just been J.T.'s favorite place to relax and unwind. There was nothing wrong with that.

An intrusive thought popped into Mya's mind. A thought she knew was none of her business.

Does she pick people up there to have sex?

Mya could care less about people's sex lives and what they did in their personal time, but she always found the idea of sex turned taboo interesting. She never hooked up with anyone at a party or a club. It wasn't her style — not even in college, but she also didn't find many men attractive, to begin with.

Mya questioned if she would hook up with someone in the spur of a moment in a place like that — in borderline public. One night stands at someone's house was the norm and nothing very exciting ...

Mya shook her head, mumbling to herself about how it wasn't important and the opportunity would fail to present itself anyway. Why was she even thinking of sex? That's not what she was here for.

She showered for the second time. The sun long set and the nightlife just getting started for many. She put on a long-sleeved black skin-tight crop top and high-waisted jeans with her going out stilettoes. Mya thought she may have been too overdressed as if she was going out on a date.

She turned several times in front of the mirror, stopping in several different angles, making sure she looked decent. Her black hair is loose and ironed flat tonight.

She couldn't understand why she was feeling this way. Why she felt the need to look over herself a million times — why it was hard to be satisfied with her outfit.

I wonder what J.T. is going to wear.

She sighed heavily, giving up on looking at herself and just settling with what she already had on. There was no time to change and most of the clothes she packed were fancy and professional because of the summit.

Mya left the hotel with a smaller purse in her hand. She entered the address of Jewel Club into her GPS and took off on the road.

Jewel Club was located further than she expected. While she drove she inspected her surroundings, seeing groups of people sitting outside restaurants, eating, and drinking. She couldn't count the number of bars, clothing shops, and restaurants she drove past.