7

Mya woke up alone. Just as she expected.

She didn't bother to open her eyes for proof. She could feel it. Developed a sixth sense for it.

The emptiness, loneliness, and lack of body heat beside her made it more than clear to her drowsy mind.

I didn't get to thank her.

Today was the first break of the summit. It would continue tomorrow and this is where gloominess would taint any possibility of being at peace. She had nothing to do. No one to hang out with and too much free time to think about it.

She opened her eyes, facing the curtains. She sighed, blinking slowly as she made out the orange hues prickling the thick cloth draping from the rod.

She rolled over to where Jessie was sleeping only to rest her eyes on a white piece of paper on the pillow. Mya slowly sat up, staring at the white paper that had writing on it. She quickly rubbed her eyes, making sure she wasn't being deceived by the late afternoon torpor.

The paper was still there, flat and inanimate as ever. She gently grabbed it and focused her eyes on the writing in blue, spotty ink.

"Got called into the shop. Didn't want to wake you. Let's do something later?

#765-663-6587

— J.T."

Mya was a little surprised. She thought Jessie would disappear like a ghost.

Mya didn't know exactly how to feel because now what she did was finally settling into her psyche. A small part of her didn't mind if she never saw Jessie again, simply because she wouldn't have to ever face the truth about what she'd done. About what she felt. But just a few hours ago she didn't want the woman to leave.

She simply didn't consider the fact that Jessie may have actually wanted to stick around and hook up again. How could that possibility slip into the cracks?

Am I just that out of touch with socializing?

This was no time to discover and explore something new about herself — if it even was new. Mya didn't know if she actually liked women. She was horny and hadn't had sex in forever. She was susceptible to her natural human urges. Her desires and pleasures of the human flesh were just that, right? Even though she couldn't use being drunk as an excuse.

She scoffed at herself and dropped the paper, getting off the bed and walking briskly toward the shower. What could she possibly do? She couldn't ignore the girl. She'd feel guilty for doing that.

She turned on the shower, allowing the warm water to drench her in one go. Her emotions were confusing her — gnawing at her — and nothing made sense. Last night she didn't feel like this. The regret and disgust after one-night stands were common and she knew this, but this wasn't the ordinary one-night stand and she wasn't necessarily disgusted nor regretting it.

Mya attempted to ground herself, to wrap her head around the fact that she'd only be here for a week. Once she left Santa Praiser, it'd all be over, but that thought only made her more frustrated.

She ran her hands through her soaking hair, squeezing her eyes shut as her libido randomly awakened to flashes of a brown body firmly pressed against hers.

No, no, no, no. Absolutely not.

She was the one to go down on Jessie first, to suck her breasts and kiss all over the heavy work made bronze body. She had the opportunity to tell Jessie no, to reject the sweet sex, and wow was it gratifyingly sweet. Jessie gave her the chance, but Mya went through with it anyway.