𝐓𝐄𝐀

" 𝐓𝐄𝐀 "

the way you look at me makes me go crazy.

" you know, i'm sorry if i made you uncomfortable earlier. ", akaashi mumbled under his breath.

" you didn't. it was just ... new. it's embarrassing. ", she whispered.

he flashed a genuine smile, their eye contact unbreakable. their hearts fluttering.

" don't be embarrassed. i was just saying the truth. ", the boy whispered, making ayaka blush again.

" shush now. ", she demanded, playfully hitting akaashi's shoulder.

he felt like he had already stepped boundaries but the urge to hold her close to him and never let her go, grew with every passing minute.

keiji thought she was unreachable for him. she was more beautiful than any girl he ever met. she had the most gorgeous eyes and her smile made his heart melt.

what he didn't know was, that she felt the same way about him.

" can we go outside now ? ", kazuya asked excitedly as he rushed back, his favourite volleyball in his hands.

they went outside in the freezing cold but they didn't seem to mind. their passion for the sport burned hot enough to keep them warm.

" how long have you been playing, keiji-san ? "

" a long time. i used to play with my father when i was little but i joined an actual volleyball club for the first time in middle school. "

" what middle school did you go to ? ", the little boy asked excitedly.

" mori junior high school. "

" for real ?! i go there too. i'm also a setter ! ", kazuya shouted with big eyes.

" i never knew we went to the same middle school, keiji. ", ayaka's soft voice interrupted their conversation.

" you never asked. ", he shrugged, giving her a small smile.

the boys started playing. akaashi set the ball with less force than he usually did for ayaka's little brother to receive it and play it back to him. kazuya even managed to play the ball so that the older boy couldn't play it back, earning a point.

ayaka watched the boys with adoration in her eyes. everything seemed so peaceful; even her always way too loud brother. she had never seen akaashi smile for such a long period of time. he looked so carefree and joyful. she realized that he must be really good with kids, considering how he actually managed to tame her brother.

she adored him. she adored him in every way.

almost an hour had passed and they all were freezing now. akaashi was the first one to notice the shaking girl.

" do you want to go inside again ? ", he spoke softly as he walked over to her, smiling at how adorable she looked in that moment.

she sat on one of the rim of a small stonewall, that was covered in dark green moss. her body was cuddled in her scarf and coat, trying to warm her. a shade of pink covered her cheeks and the tip of her nose.

" i'd like that. ", she answered, glazing to her brother, who still stood on the dead grass holding the volleyball tightly, " but you guys can play a little longer if you want to. "

" as much as i adore your brother, i think i enjoy your company a little more. ", he whispered so that only she could hear him.

his breath clashed against her lips, making her shiver.

" let's go inside then. i'll make you some tea. ", ayaka whispered back, her breath also clashing against his lips.

the girl pushed herself off the wall and turned to kazuya.

" we'll go back in the house, kazu. i'll make tea for us. ", she informed him and then started to walk towards the door.

everyone took off their outer wear once they entered the house again headed to the kitchen.

" i'm going to my room. it was really nice playing with you, keiji-san ! ", kazuya said, running upstairs.

" well, i guess it's just us two now. ", akaashi figured, casually leaning against the kitchen counter.

damn, he looks so good right now.

" what are you staring at ? ", he smirked as he noticed that she checked him out for quite some time.

" you. ", ayaka replied suddenly and most of all, honestly; taken aback by her own answer.

the boy in front of her swallowed hardly, his eyes widening at her words. he tried to keep himself calm as good as possible, even though the gorgeous girl in front of him made that very hard.

" and what are you staring at ? ", she asked as a sudden wave of confidence hit her.

" you. ", he answered after a few moments.

his heart was pounding in his chest, he hoped she couldn't hear it.

" you know i can never take my eyes off you. ", keiji mumbled.

ayaka made a couple steps towards him, making his heart even beat faster.

the water in the kettle started to boil, it was the only background noise they heard. it was somewhat calming but at the same time it made them even more excited. their cheeks were probably just as hot as the water. but in that very moment, they simply didn't care. they just saw each other's eyes.

they were just inches apart and akaashi made the next move, pulling the girl in his warm embrace.

she immediately felt safe and at home. the warmth he radiated was so soothing to her, eventually calming her rapidly beating heart.

" i really like your family, ayaka. they're all so nice. i might come here more often. ", he whispered in her ear as her head was buried in the crook of his neck.

" you better do that. ", she mumbled against the fabric of his sweater.

they enjoyed each other's company more than anything. it was like a feeling of happiness and excitement at the same time. they've never been so close to each other and they never wanted, whatever they felt, to ever fade. so they just held each other tightly, never letting go, trying to freeze time forever so that they could stay like that for little eternities.

in the moment they only heard each other's breathing, the boiling water in the cattle was long forgotten.

— AUTHOR'S NOTE

i don't know how to feel about this chapter-
just to keep you guys updated, i have an exam in biology next monday and i'm about to die :). i'm literally drowning in school work right now, but i'll try to keep uploading even if it's the last think i'll do 😼

thank you for reading && stay safe !

faithfully yours,
greta