𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐔𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐒𝐄𝐀

" 𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐔𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐒𝐄𝐀 "

after ten or fifteen minutes of standing cuddled up in the doorway, ayaka calmed down. her was still a bit unsteady but she stopped crying.

" i'm so sorry, keiji. i woke you up and now i embarrassed myself in front of you ... ", she mumbled.

akaashi made her look up to him by lifting her chin with two fingers.

" don't you dare apologize for that. everything's alright. ", he spoke softly.

" r-really ? ", ayaka stuttered, her eyes starting to tear up again.

the boy just nodded slightly.

" don't cry anymore. it ruins your beauty. ", he whispered, whipping the tears off her cheeks with his thumb.

they just held eye contact for a while, clinging onto each other and enjoying the closeness. ayaka eventually rested her head on akaashi's shoulder, inhaling his scent. he gently stroked her back, which finally calmed her down.

" do you wanna go on an adventure ? ", the boy asked, causing ayaka to chuckle.

" are you being serious ? ", she replied, her eyes seemingly shining.

" of course. ", he smiled.

" let's go then. ", she laughed, letting of him and grabbed her coat from the wardrobe.

they left quickly, running off the front porch after ayaka closed the door loudly.

" that was so loud, ayaka ! ", akaashi scolded, " you probably woke up your parents now too ! "

" oh, they're not home. they left around nine or so to visit my grandparents a little outside the city. ", she informed him, casually walking down the street.

" that's a weird time to leave for a visit. "

" i've said that too but anyways, where do you want to go ? "

" i want to take you somewhere special but it's a little far. ", he answered, walking a little closer to her as they walked through an empty and dark alleyway.

" we have all the time in the world. ", ayaka smiled as the both continued their walk.

it was a twenty, maybe even thirty minutes walk before they finally arrived at akaashi's special place.

" the beach, huh ? ", the girl asked rhetorically.

" obviously. ", he said as they plopped down on the cold sand.

" it's just too cold to go swimming, unfortunately. ", she chuckled, " anyways, why did you bring me here, keiji ? "

" i used to come her almost everyday when i was still a kid. i was five, maybe six when my parents had time for me but as i grew older they started working more and more. they're almost never at home, if i'm lucky i seen them once or twice a week.

i come to this place when i'm stressed or sad. it always gets me revelling in memories from my childhood. how my dad used to play with me in the sand or how my mom would chase me around, splashing through the water.