The Nightmare 2

Chuck was building new parts for Mutt in a secluded part of downtown Motorcity. He was looking at them quizzically and muttering to himself which made me smile. This is Chuck we are talking about. He knows more than anyone about car parts.

The place he was roaming around for parts was a bit odd so I decided to stick with him in case of an emergency. The others were doing their own thing, Mike was happy I was just there to lend a hand. He needed to help some people out around the city. I didn't mind helping out.

"So, Chuck, ya almost done?" I asked, taking one earbud out and looking around this eerie and desolate place. I didn't like it at all.

"Almost done. I just need to get this part, and we can go." He said.

I nodded, walking over to him. "You need this much? I'm kinda glad my car doesn't need it."

Chuck banged his head on the metal bar he was under. He winced, "Y-Yeah... But Mikey says I need to tune up your car just in case Kane or anyone else starts up trouble." He put everything else in a large bag to put inside of my car.

"Mmmmm fine, but why?" I mumbled.

"For safety you know, Mikey cares about ya. We all care about ya since you're not from around here." Chuck smiled.

Seeing Chuck smile at me made me blush a little bit. "Let's go." I began walking away from Chuck and near my car to drive back to the base when I heard Chuck yelp. "Chuck?"

He yelped again. This time, A more serious scream was heard, and I rushed forwards to see Chuck running fast near me.

"Chuck? CHUCK! What's wrong?" I asked, opening the door to my car.

"WE HAVE TO GO... NOW SILENT!!!! THEY'RE HERE!" Chuck yelled, running up to Quantum and me. He jumped into my car and slammed my door shut. He was pulling up screens faster than before. "GET IN THE CAR!!" He yelped.

I looked at him in confusion. "Why? Who's here?" I looked around to see nothing but junk. "Dude, nothing's here," I said, slowly getting into my car but something latched onto my foot. I fell into my driver's seat and looked down terrified.

"GET IN NOW, SILENT!! THERE'S NOT MUCH TIMEEE!!" Chuck yelled, grabbing my arm and yanking me in as he pulled my door shut. He was breathing heavily now, sweat was trickling down his neck as he leaned over me. "Silent? You okay?"

I was dazed.  I looked down at my leg to see a black bruise. It was circling slowly on my legs. I winced slowly as I sat up, locking the doors to Quantum.

"Are you okay, Silent? Oh my God, we have to head back to base. We have to get Jacob to check that out. Come on, let's go." Chuck said, pulling up some screens for him to get Quantum ready for battle. He was worried about me. "Silent, we have to go!"

"What? Oh, right!" I nodded slowly and looked over at my car dash. I put my keys in as fast as I could as I heard Quantum rev up her engine. "Okay! Let's go Chuck! And you have some explaining to do... Once we get back." I slurred my sentence. I backed up Quantum and hightailed it out of there as fast as I could go.

"WAAHAHAHAH, YOU'RE GOING TO FAST!!! SLOW DOWN! WE WON'T BE ABLE TO MAKE THE TURN!" Chuck screamed.

"We will!" I yelled back, slamming on Quantum's pedal as she rocketed across the turn, but a strange person was standing in the middle of the road. It almost looks like...

"MIKEY? STOP! SILENT STOP!" Chuck yelled, grabbing my steering wheel as I braked.

"YOU'RE GONNA MAKE US CRASH CHUCK!" I yelled back, pushing him away.