Chapter 7: Work with me

Cassandra POV

I knocked on the door and entered when the person inside the room gave me permission to enter.

"Boss, I'm here. You were looking for me?" I inquired. I came to the office today as he requested.

"Yes, Cassandra. We need to talk about something important." His facial expression was firm. I could tell that something was not right at this moment. It made me felt uneasy.

"What is this about?" I asked.

"It's about your best seller book. Let's go, we need to meet someone in the meeting room." He stood up from his place and walked out of the room. I followed him from behind even though I don't know what was going on.

As we entered the room, my eyes caught on someone with a dark blue suit sitting in the meeting room. I couldn't see his face as his back was facing us.

"Sorry to make you wait, Mr. Gonzales." My boss greeted and the name made me gasped. I kept hearing the name for these few days and it sounds too familiar to my ears. At the moment, the guy spun around his chair and smiled at both of us but his eyes were fixed on me.

"You!" I yelped. "What are you doing here?" I raised my voice irritably.

"Cassandra, please show some respect." My boss warned. I instantly stay quiet, embarrassed by his warning. I saw he smirked looking at my way.

"What is this about?" I asked out of curiosity.

"Please take a sit first and we will sort this out," My boss urged me.

"Do you know Mr. Gonzales?" My boss started the conversation. I shook my head. I only met him three times and I wouldn't consider I know him. He is still a stranger for me, a weirdo if I might add.

"But you wrote about his story."

"What do you mean by that? I don't get it." I'm just being honest and my boss sighed.

"Meet Carlos Gonzales." My eyes widened.

"No, this is not true." I retorted. Why did my boss fall into his lie?

"This is for real, Cassandra. You wrote about him without his consent and now he is here to sue us." My boss handed me some documents. It was some legal documents from the court informing us that they will sue us for using his name and writing about his story without his consent.

"I just created the story with my own idea. It didn't relate to anyone." I said protecting myself. Now I remembered my conversation with Scarlet. I asked her how she got the idea about the character and she told me it was random from the internet. Now, I'm doomed.

"I'm sorry. I didn't know about this." I said don't want to bring Scarlet into this. She wouldn't know about the consequence, if she was I'm sure she wouldn't give me such information. "What do you want me to do now?" I asked looking at my boss but ignoring the guy beside him.

"Mr. James, can you give us some time to talk privately?" He finally spoke after being silent for a while.

"Sure, I will leave both of you for now. I hope we will get a good result out of this, Mr. Gonzales." My boss said and left the room. I wanted to stop him but I couldn't.

"We meet again, Cupcake." He said once Mr. James was out of the room. The door was closed and I wish I could run away from the room right now.

"Look at me, Cupcake." He commanded but I ignored him. I looked at the document that still in my hand. He walked towards me and stood beside me. He held my chin in his hand and lifted my face to his way. I looked up and gazed at him.