Chapter 24: Thank me properly

Cassandra POV

"Surprise!" I was shocked when I heard a few voices echoed through the air. I shifted my eyes at them one by one; Miguel, Tristan, Manuel the last person really caught my attention- Scarlet.

"No way! Scarlet, you were here?" I screamed, ignoring their eyes on me. She grinned and opened her arms to pull me into a hug. I literally run to her and wrapped my arms around her.

"I thought you forget my birthday. You didn't tell me that you will come. Is that why you ignored my calls?" I scolded her.

"Oops, don't blame me. It was your boyfriend's idea." She raised her hands in defeat while both of us shifted our attention to Carlos that was standing behind.

"Before you get mad, Cupcake, let me explain, it is for the sake of the surprise." He quickly clears the situation.

"Argh, Don't mind about that grumpy boyfriend," I turned to look at her again before continued, "come here, let me hug you one more time, I missed you so much." I smashed my body onto hers.

"Me too, babe. I thought you wouldn't miss me anymore when you have a boyfriend here." She chided with a naughty smile on her face while shifting her eyes at me and Carlos at the same time.

"Wait, how do you know? I haven't told you yet."

"So it's true?" She screamed excitedly.

"Well-" I don't know what to say and I turned to look at Carlos, silently asking for his help. I felt my face was heated in red.

"Someone is looking for her boyfriend's help now." Manuel teased while the rest joined with their laughter.

"You just called him grumpy boyfriend earlier but it seems like you didn't notice that," Miguel reminded with a whistle.

"That's cute," Tristan added.

"Carlos," I called out for help in a low tone, and he strode closer to me.

"Enough guys don't pressure my girlfriend." I could see that he was enjoying the moment rather than helping me out. The big smile on his face showed that he was on cloud nine. They made noise to tease and cheers for both of us.

"Well, let's get the party started." Suddenly, Miguel popped a balloon and it startled us. I noticed that Scarlet threw him a death glare which caused him to wink at her.

'Huh, what is going on with them?' I asked inaudibly observing their gesture.

There is a table in the middle which was full of a variety of food. The view can be seen clearly from the top. I love it here as it reminded me of the days I was in the coffee shop with Scarlet.

Carlos pulled the chair for me, and he took a place beside me. I saw Miguel pulled the chair for Scarlet, but she refused to sit in that place. She wants to move to the other side, but he then grabbed her hand harshly and makes her sit on the chair. The guys didn't notice them as they were busy talking.

The soft music suddenly filled the air and I was surprised by a few peoples walking in with their music equipment. I smiled looking at them as I didn't expect that to come.

"You like it?" I heard Carlos's voice whispering to me.

"I love it," I exclaimed turning my sight on him. "Thank you for doing all this for me," I said, caressed his hand under the table. He moved his face closer to my earlobe and whispered something that makes me shiver.

"Thank me properly after this." Right after he said that the old memory flashed back in my mind. I smiled sheepishly knowing what he meant by that and once again it made me blushed.

We were distracted by the clearing throat sound. It came from Scarlet who was gazing at us with her cunning smile. I have a lot of things that I want to tell her and ask her at the same time. I can't wait to spend time alone with her.

We spent a few hours on the rooftop with tasty food, beautiful music, and dances in the fancy place. I was really grateful fate brought us together through the book and united me with nice peoples around me. Just a simple celebration with their wishes, voices, jokes, laughter was more than enough for me.

Carlos POV

"How do you want to thank me?" I asked at the moment we arrived home.

"What do you expect me to do?" She threw me the question instead of answering me. I narrowed my eyes on her as if I was asking if she really wants me to answer that.

"Oh, wait. You don't have to answer that. I know what you want." She cut me off before I open my mouth to tell her the answer.

"This?" She confirmed after she planted a kiss on my forehead. I shook my head in disagreement.

"Or like this?" She asked with kisses on both of my cheeks. I shook my head again.

"More than that," I said staring at her. She played her hair with her fingers and biting her lips, she became nervous.

She pushed her body closer than before and tiptoeing to meet my face. Her hands were placed on my shoulder to support her body. She moved her lips closer until it reached mine. I didn't allow it to be a quick kiss, so I moved my hand to her waist while the other hand pressed on the back of her head, moving her closer until there was no gap in between us.

A moment later, we pulled away to catch our breath. We stared at each other intensely and rested our forehead together. A smile plastered on our faces.

"I just want to ask if you want to sleep in my room tonight," I said in a low tone.

"Just sleeping?" Her question amused me.

"Yes, just sleeping but if you want-"

"No, I don't want. No, I-I mean too early for that." She was stumbling over her words.

"I know, Cupcake. I'm just kidding. I won't force you to do something that you are not ready for." I reassured her.

"But you forced me to work with you." She snickered, pulling her forehead away from mine and created a gap in between.

"Yeah, I won't argue about that but that was a different case. Just a heads-up, I don't regret that. If I was given the second chance, I will repeat the same thing again." I told her without a second thought.

"And, I don't regret that I wrote the book too. It brought me to your world even though at first it was by force." She chided with sarcasm. I pecked her lips upon her words.

"Let's go shower and go to bed so that we can have more time to cuddle."

I lifted her body and she immediately clutched her legs at my hip, making the dress revealing her legs more.

"Oh wow, what a nice view," I tease her which made me earned a slap on my arm.

"See you later." She said as I placed her down on the ground while we reached outside the room.

"No, where are you going?" I pulled her wrist and stopped her. She scrunched her face gawking at me.

"To take shower?" She answered in question as if she was asking for confirmation.

"Here," I pointed at my room. Her eyes widened when she caught the meaning in my statement.

"No, we are not going to take shower together." She pulled her hand away from me and stepped backward. I prowled to her, and she pushed me away escaping to her room.

I was chuckling while looking at her from behind. I just want to tease her as I love it when she blushed and became nervous.

"I'm waiting for the next time, Cupcake."

"Keep waiting, grumpy man!"

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤