Chapter 18: That's our first kiss

Cassandra POV

Carlos went out in the morning to attend some meetings. He didn't ask me to come along, so I just stay in the office room doing my writing like I usually did. I don't know why he hired me, he just wants me to tag along to work and the only routine that I'm doing is making his coffee. So, I'm basically his coffee girl. How funny is that?

I'm going to have lunch with Miguel, Tristan, and Manuel. Well, they invited me and I don't think there will be any problem with that. I didn't tell Carlos about this since we are still not in the talking term.

"There she is." I heard a familiar voice around.  I exited the lift that reached the lobby.

"Hey, guys. Sorry, I'm a bit late." I literally run to them in my wedges. Since the day Carlos told me I can wear something casual to work, I never put on any heels that hurt my leg anymore. It was a big help to my legs anyway.

"You are on time. We are a bit early." Miguel said smiling at me.

"Let's go, we only have one hour for lunch." I reminded them while looking at my watch.

"Don't worry, you are with the boss now so no problem with that," Tristan stated the obvious fact with a smug smile.

"Correction, it should be bosses." Manuel corrected him with a smirk on his face.

"Do I need to shout that I'm too lucky to have lunch with all the bosses in this company?" I asked in sarcasm which caused them to laugh.

"Let's go, ladies first," Tristan acted gently, and we strolled together to the restaurant nearby which was less than ten minutes walking distance. We arrived there and placed our order. The restaurant was almost fully occupied due to the lunch hour and mostly the customers were the staff from the company. At that moment, I saw someone familiar sitting a few tables across from us.

"What is he doing here?" I asked looking at him and the rest of them looking at me before shifting their eyes in the direction.

"Oh, Carlos. He is having a lunch appointment with Mr. Diego," Miguel said and I quickly turned away from that table. The girl that sat beside him made me irritated.

"Yeah, that was obvious with his sexy-like-hell personal assistant." I didn't notice that I mocked her loudly.

"I smell jealousy here." Manuel teased me, and they were laughing causing my grumpy boss to turn his eyes and looked at us. I pretended like I didn't aware of his presence.

"I'm not jealous, Manuel. Why should I feel jealous of my boss? The grumpy boss if I must mention." I argued.

"But it is so clear in your face," added Miguel.

"Just say it out girl before someone snatches him away."

"That's not my business," I chided. "But to be frank, I don't like his skeleton assistant," I whispered to them and they laughed ignoring everyone around us. I joined them as well. 

"Skeleton?" Manuel repeated the word again and caused us to laugh again.

"Yeah, don't you think so? Tell me who will like a skeleton girl like that and she thought she is pretty."

"Are you always like this?" Miguel asked jokingly.

"Nope, only to her. She mocked me during my first day and she even called me bitch. I won't forget about that." I told them remembering the incident in the ladies' room.

"Carlos will fire her if he knows about this." Tristan pointed out the possibility.

"No, he wouldn't, I think he likes her too," I said maybe feeling a bit jealous.