Chapter 14: I will listen to you

Carlos POV

As expected, it wasn't easy to get the chocolate cupcake and ice-cream at this hour. It took us a while to search for the coffee shop that opens 24 hours.

"Happy?" I asked her once I entered the car and passed her the paper bag in my hand.

"Why can't we eat there?" She looked at the 24 hours coffee shop near the road.

"Hell no, I'm not going to let anyone see you like this. This is only for me." I said glancing at her beside me and started to drive to the penthouse.

"You are so obsessive." She commented.

"I'm glad that you noticed." That was the truth that she should be aware of.

"You're not hungry?" I asked remembering that we didn't have our dinner.

"Not really," she said with her mouth full of the cupcake and the icing was all over her hands and lips. I shook my head looking at her.

"You act like a kid when you have the period," I spilled out the truth. I wasn't complaining. I like her like this.

"No, I'm not. Do you want some?" She showed me the cupcake. I bought her two boxes of cupcakes which contained twelve pieces inside. That should be enough for her.

"I'm driving, Cupcake. I can't eat right now." I said turning my head to the road in front.

"Open your mouth." I was shocked by her request. I snapped my head to look at her.

"What are you doing?"

"Feeding you the cupcake. Come, open your mouth." She requested again ready with the cupcake in her hand. I opened my mouth to allow her to feed me.

"How is it? Is it good?" She asked. I hummed, responding to her. I could feel the chocolate at the edge of my lips and I wanted to reach for the tissue but it was too far.

"Can you give me the tissue, Cupcake?" I asked, and she reached for the tissue box but it was empty and I didn't notice it.

"It's finished. Never mind let me." She used her thumb and wipes away the icing on the edge of my lips. My heartbeat accelerated when she did that and I bet she didn't aware of that.

"When we will arrive home?" She inquired while munching on her next cupcake.

"Soon, around ten more minutes. Why? Are you not feeling well?" I placed my hand at her belly thinking that she might need some warmest around there. She giggled at my gesture but she didn't slap my hand away like how she normally did.

"I'm good. I just want to eat this ice-cream." She looked at the ice-cream box and grinned.

"Okay, but before that, you need to listen to me. You are going to eat that once we finished the food that we should have during dinner. I won't allow you to eat that with an empty stomach, you got it?"

"Okay." She answered without protest.

"Okay?" I asked again as I expect that she will whine again.

"Okay. I will listen to you."

"You will listen to me?"

"Yeah, I will."

I shook my head and suppressed my laughter. This menstrual surely messed up with her hormone. This wasn't the Cupcake that I know.

"Come, sit here," I instructed her to sit on the stool at the dining table once we reached home.

"Let me heat the food first," I said placing the grilled chicken in the oven.

"How long will it take?" She asked impatiently. I know she was drooling over the ice-cram.

"Can't wait, huh?" I turned my face and looked at her. She grinned and it makes me can't stop myself. I pinched both of her cheeks.

"You know you are so cute with this period thingy," I confessed staring at her that sat across me.

"I'm not a little girl, Carlos." She hides her face from me.

"I like it when you called my name."

"Why? Did I call it differently than other people?"

"No reason."

"But, boss sounds nice too." She teased me but she acted with a serious face.

"No, it doesn't suit your lips."

"How you know it doesn't suit my lips? Wait, maybe I could change that a bit." She rested her chin on her palm and pretended to be in deep thought.

"Boss Carlos? Boss Gonzales? Hmm, bad boss? Grumpy boss?" She looks at me with a naughty smile on her face. She is in a good mood now. Happiness was evident on her face.

"What did you say? Grumpy boss, huh?" I prowled over her. She stepped away from the stool and running away. I chased her from behind.

"Cupcake, be a good girl, and come back here," I warned while still chasing her. She ran to the living room while giggling. Her voice echoed the room.

"I said come to me. You can't run away from me like this." I said jokingly. She turned to the other side while I'm on the opposite side of her. Before she manages to escape from me, I grabbed her waist and wrapped her from behind. I placed one of my arms on her waist while the other arm snaked around her neck.

"Grumpy boss, let me go," she said giggling. Our breath hitched. We both tried to catch our breath.

"I told you, you can't run away from me," I whispered near her earlobe. As usual, it made her tickles and she moved her head closed to her shoulder tried to cover it.

"I found your sensitive spot," I told her.

"That's not." She argued but not in an angry tone.

"Really?" I moved my face and blew near her earlobe. I rested my chin on her collarbone.

"I love your stubble." Her sudden confession surprised me.

"You did?"

"Yeah, it looks nice. Don't shave it off." She ran her fingers over the stubble on my cheeks. I closed my eyes due to the effect of her touch.

"Is that a request?"

"You can think like that if you want."

"Cupcake," I called her nickname.

"Hmm."

"Can I kiss you?" I questioned, having the urge to kiss her. There was a moment of silence between us. She didn't respond but her eyes fixed on me, her fingers still caressed my cheeks.

At that moment, the sound from the oven erased my anticipation. A sigh escaped my lips, I cursed it silently.

"The food is ready. Let's eat." She breaks the silence. I released her from my grip and she walked away to the kitchen. The disappointment was all over me.

Wrong timing, Carlos, or should I blame the oven instead?

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤