Chapter 17: You never stop bugging me

Cassandra POV

I was having my panic attack when my surrounding suddenly turned dark. This is the thing that I hate the most. I don't like darkness as it made me scared. I quickly sat on the floor, crawling to the corner. I hugged my legs tight and tried to on my phone so that I could ask for help.

"Carlos, Carlos, I need to call Carlos," I mumbled while trying to turn on the phone but failed. I don't have another phone with me.

"It's ok, Cassandra. You are strong enough to fight this. You can overcome this." I tried to calm myself. I recalled that Carlos said he will be back late tonight and I'm getting more panic thinking about that. I don't know what to do during time like this and tears started to flow on my cheeks. It drained my energy and caused me to feel weak and helpless.

Carlos POV

I arrived home at 11 p.m. The house was dark and I didn't hear any noise from inside.

"Cupcake, I'm back," I called for her. I walked to the switch to turn it on and only then I realized that it was a blackout. I turned on the flash on my phone and strolling in the house looking for Cupcake.

"Probably, she is sleeping in the room," I mumbled to myself and walked to the second floor. I knocked on her room but no response and I decided to open it but I can't trace her in the room.

"Cupcake, where are you?" I called again, this time I raised my voice. I started to get uneasy about this. I literally ran to the kitchen and calling for her name over and over.

"Cupcake, do you hear me?"

"Cupcake, where are you."

"Cupcake, please answer me." Silence.

I dialed her number but it was answered by the operator. She off her phone and that doubled my uneasy feeling.

"Cupcake, did you hear me?"

"I'm here, Cupcake."

At that moment, I heard a sobbing sound in the corner of the living room and I marched to the source of the voice. It was her. She sat in the corner and hugged her folded knees to her chest. She was crying with her face buried on her knees.

"Hey, Cupcake. You are here. Are you okay?" I kneeled in front of her and she stared at my face. Her face was wet with her tears.

She immediately jumped to my body and her hands find their way to hug me tightly. She wrapped her legs on my hip. Her sob became louder.

"You are back! What took you so long? I'm so scared. I almost die. He almost kills me. That guy almost kills me." She yelped.

"Which guy?" I asked. "Did anyone hurt you just now? What happened?"

Out of a sudden, there was no response from her. I didn't hear anything, not even her sob. She was quiet. I turned her face to me and I noticed that she was passed out. She passed out!

"Damn it!" I cursed and quickly rushed her to the car. The only thing that crossed my mind now was the hospital. I don't know what happen to her but I will figure it out later.

Who was the guy that she mentioned earlier? And she said that the guy almost kills her? Who dares to touch my Cupcake? I'm going to hunt him down!

I was relieved when the doctor said that nothing was wrong with my Cupcake. The doctor advised her to stay one night in the hospital to allow them to observe her condition. I agreed due to her health. I sat on a chair beside her bed and wait for her to wake up in the room. The doctor gave her some sleeping pills so she can have a rest for tonight.