Chapter 9: Don't call me boss

Carlos POV

"Cupcake, I'm sorry I couldn't fetch you. I have some urgent things need to settle. I will send one of my friends to pick you up. His name is Miguel." I said to her over the phone. I was disappointed when my assistant suddenly told me about the problem with the new project that we have. I can't let anyone handle it as they will screw everything over. It will turn worse.

"I told you I can go there on a normal plane which is normal for people like me. You don't need to send your private jet." She complained.

"No, I don't want that. I will ask someone to pick you up from your house and you will come here with a private jet. Period," I said leaving her no choice.

"Yeah, I know. I can never win against you. Anything you say, boss." She mocked.

"Don't call me boss, just Carlos." I corrected her.

"Boss," She challenged me. I like this side of her, stubborn.

"I will give you one more chance," I want to see her respond.

"Boss, boss, boss, boss, boss." She repeated it. This girl is fun.

"Cupcake, wait for your punishment," I warned.

"I'm tired, boss. Gotta go, boss." She said and cut off the line. I shook my head and smiled while thinking about her. She will be here soon and I'm excited about it.

Cassandra POV

"How am I going to live here alone?" Tears were flowing on her face and the same goes for me too. We used to do everything together and I don't know how we will manage to live without seeing each other every day.

"I'm going to miss you so bad, Cassandra." She said hugging me tightly.

"Me too, I'm going to miss this house, the coffee shop, and you. I promise I will come home frequently." I said returning the hug.

"Why he is so cruel separates us away like this?" She cried her eyes out.

"We can't do anything about this. Just keep in touch. We won't lose each other. You promise me you will call me if you have any problems. Don't keep it to yourself, okay?" I reminded her. We were both having our past that we used to tell each other. We supported each other and that was the reason we still survive.

"Okay, you too. Tell me anything and call me anytime. Make sure you come back here to visit me." She caressed my back comforting me and I did the same to her.

"I need to go now, babe. The driver is here." I said when I saw the car stopped in front of me. We loosen our hug and I wiped her tears. The driver took the luggage and put it into the trunk.

Slowly, I let go of her hand and moved to the car. I opened the side window after the driver closed the door.

"Take care, Scarlet. I love you." I said for the last time before the driver drove off.

"You too, I love you." She raised her voice so that I can hear her message clearly. I sighed. It made me in no mood to talk to anyone right now. I loved my life here, but I was forced to leave the city. I hate that I have no control over it.

"Carlos Gonzales, you ruined everything."

A few hours later

"Hey, I'm Miguel, Carlos's friend. Nice to meet you, Cassandra." The guy greeted me. He looks polite, better than Carlos.

"Hey, nice to meet you too," he shook my hand and helped me to enter the plane. It looked at it in awe. It was huge inside and comfortable with no doubt. Only a few seats there and there is a bed inside too. Rich people were indeed different.

"You can sit here." He pointed to the seat.

"Thanks," I sat on it and buckled the seatbelt. He occupied the seat across me and there was some space between us so I wouldn't mind it.

After we settled down, the plane took off.

"How did you know that arrogant man?" I asked, started the conversation. I tried to distract myself to get rid of the sadness that stays in my heart.

"What did you call him? Arrogant man?" He laughed at the name that I gave to his friend.

"Well, that is the truth. If there is a list of the arrogant man, I bet he will be number one in the list." I spilled out the truth from my mind.

"He wouldn't like it if he heard about this." He said still laughing.

"I don't mind about him."

"Oh, back to your question. I know him since we were studying together. Carlos, Tristan, Manuel, and I were best friends which we were also partners in the business for now. You will meet the rest very soon since they can't wait to meet you. They wanted to join me to pick you up but Carlos wouldn't allow them to come." He smiled.

"Why they want to meet me?" I narrowed my eyes.

"Because Carlos can't stop talking about you and it draws the curiosity."

"There is nothing to be curious about. I'm just a victim that can't escape from the lion." I sighed at the truth.

"How many nicknames that you have for him?" he chuckled. "He is not that bad, actually. He is a big brother to us."

"Maybe for all of you but not for me at least."

"Can I ask you something if you don't mind?"

"Go on," I said.

"About your book or should I say his book? How did you come with the idea about his name? I mean did you really didn't know about him when you write the book?" I sighed when he mentioned that.

"Surprisingly, yes, I didn't know anything about him. I don't know that he really exists. If I knew, I wouldn't use his name for my book."

"And where did that come from?" Curiosity was evident on his face.

"From my best friend." Talking about her made me sad.

"Scarlet?" He said the name and it made me surprised.

"How did you know her name?" I asked feeling odd.

"Oh, Carlos mentioned about it before."

"Yes, from her but I didn't blame her. She doesn't know about the consequences. She felt sad too that I'm leaving." Tears brimmed at the edge of my eyes.

"Hey, you okay?" He asked out of concern and handed me a tissue. I took it and wiped the tears away. I nodded and tried to brush the sad emotion that started to mingle again.

"I'm just worried about her. I don't know if she will be okay over there. We both don't have an easy past, and we were with each other till now. This was the first time we were apart. She is like a sister to me." I didn't plan to let him know about all this but I felt better after telling him the story.

"I can help you with this." His statement caught my attention. I turned and looked at him.

"I can take care of her if you want me to. Actually, we have one business project there and I often visit the place. It won't be a problem if you want me to stop by and checking out on her. I know the coffee shop. I went there one time before." A smile plastered on his face.

"You did?" I was shocked as I never saw him there, or maybe I didn't notice it.

"Yeah, with Carlos. I saw you with her at that time. The girl with brown hair, right?"

"Yes, that's her. Pretty, isn't she?" I asked and smiled while her image running on my mind. I missed her already.

"Yes, indeed she is," I heard him replied in a low tone and I noticed the smile on his lips. Something was strange when he mentioned Scarlet as if she is someone that he fell in love with.

Or, did I think too much?

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤