Epilogue

Cassandra POV

"Yes."

That one simple word from him almost crashed my world. Tears started to brim in my eyes. I can't look into his eyes, so I stare blankly on the grass underneath my feet. I chanted quietly in my head to warn myself not to drop single tears in front of him.

"No-no, wait, let me rephrase my sentence."

"Cupcake, everything will be complete if you say yes to this. So, allow me to ask you this question." In an instant, he knelt down on one knee while he held a red cupcake with a diamond ring on top of it.

"Will you be my Mrs. Gonzales, Cupcake?" It happened too fast that I couldn't digest what was happened. I was stunned; I stared into his eyes silently with nothing but confusion.

"Cupcake?" I lost control over my emotion and sobbed loudly while standing there. I let my tears wet my cheeks without any intention to stop it.

"No, no, no. You're so mean, Carlos. I thought you want to break up with me." I cried out loudly. He quickly gets up from the ground and cupped my face with his other free hand.

"Hey, I will never mention that word to you. Stop crying, Cupcake. I'm sorry." I ignored his words and continue with my sob. I punched on his chest out of anger and shock; he pulled me into a hug in an attempt to calm me down.

"Ok, calm down, Cupcake. I'm sorry, okay? I'm really sorry." I finally feel better after letting out my emotion.

Carlos POV

I loosened my hands on her after realizing that she finally calms down. I gently grasped her chin with my free hand before craning her head ups to gaze at me. Her face was wet due to the tears. Instead of feeling guilty, I smiled observing every inch of her pure face.

"Why are you smiling? Is this funny for you?" A punch landed on my chest for one more time. I laughed which caused her to send me a death glare.

"Not funny, Cupcake, but memorable. This will be a new moment that I will store in my memory. At least, I learned how deep your love for me and how much you hate to break up with me."

"I will get you back for this."

"Alright, I deserve that anyway. Can we resume our unsettle issue for now? You haven't answered my question." I reminded her, showing her the cupcake with a diamond ring in the middle of the topping.

"No, if you want me to answer that question, you need to re-do that part again." I hollered laughter at her action but judging from her facial expression, I was aware that was not a joke.

"Do you think this is a movie that we can re-shoot for the scene again, Cupcake?" I looked at her in disbelief.

"Up to you, if you don't want to re-do it, then I don't have an answer to that question." She pushed me and wanted to walk away but before the situation turned worse, I grabbed his wrist stopping her intention to leave me there.

I spun her around and in the next second, I knelt down on one knee, proposed to her for the second time in a night. Serve me right!

"Cupcake, will you marry me and be my Mrs. Gonzales?" She stood there, narrowing her eyes on me without uttering any word purposely torturing me in silence.

"I need a 'yes' from you to make my life complete," I put on a depressed face.

"Alright, judging from the way you can't live without me, I will say yes!"

A big smile replaced my depressed face. I pulled out the ring from the cupcake and slipped it to her finger. I adjusted my posture and stood in front of her, sealed her lips with a kiss to make the proposal complete.

"I have one more thing for you. Wait for me here." I passed her the cupcake and without waiting for her response, I quickly run to the kitchen to grab something.

At the moment I arrived there, she is already munching on the cupcake that I used for the proposal earlier. I showed her the plate in my hand.

"Wow, this is incredible." Her eyes double its size as it landed on the plate full of few pieces of blue cupcakes with the wording 'will you marry me' as the decoration on top of it.

"Do you like this?"

"Of course, I love it, Carlos." She exclaimed and I don't have any doubt with her satisfaction.

Instead of sitting at the table, we decided to sit on the grass casually, taking our time enjoying the cupcakes.

"Tonight is awesome, Carlos." She rested her head on my shoulder. I could feel she was at ease.

"Do you know why I choose night time to propose to you?"

"Is there any reason behind that?"

"Remember before I promised you that I will create a lot of memorable moments with you in the darkness to erase your trauma from the past?" She nodded, waiting for me to continue. "This will be one of them and more to come in the future, I promise you that even though I know it wasn't your weakness anymore."

"Thank you, Carlos. I finally went through that part of my life. You convinced me to go for treatment with a psychiatrist and it's really worth the shot, plus all your effort to create a bunch of sweet memories for me in the dark. I'm glad that every time I stay in the dark, all the sweet memories played in my mind like a movie. It was like I have no space for the past in there."

"Thank me properly, then."

She understood the line really well. She grabbed my face and made me drunk with her passionate kiss; a perfect kiss with the sky as the witness of our love.

"I love you, Carlos Gonzales, the real hero of my life."

"I love you too, Cassandra Gonzales, my Cupcake, my Mrs. Gonzales, more than anything in the world." I rested my forehead on hers and whisper the next sentence with so much love.

"You will always be my favorite Cupcake."

❤❤❤THE END ❤❤❤

Dear readers,

It's a wrap!

Finally, complete the book in 8 days. Hope you guys enjoy it.

Thank you for your time on this book. Appreciate the comments and votes.

Guess, whose story will be the next? ;-p

Till next book!

Faye@Babystepswriter