Chapter 34: Our memories in the dark

Carlos POV

"Come in," I opened the bedroom door and gestured her to enter.

"You don't have to work tonight?" She asked while entering the room and headed to the bed.

"Why should I work if I have more interesting things to do in my room?"

I closed the door behind and follow her to the bed, sitting next to her on the edge of the bed.

"What do you want to do?"

"What you have in your mind?" I put my arms around her shoulder pulling her closer to me.

"Carlos, I'm sleepy, let's sleep." She quickly loosens my hand and crawls to the bed. I laughed, looking at her escaping from me.

"Alright cupcake, whatever you want for tonight." I stood from the bed and ready to off the light.

"For real? Whatever I want?" She suddenly turned excited. I knitted my brows waiting for her next sentence.

"Why?"

"If I ask you to sleep on the floor tonight, will you do that?"

"Cupcake," I tried to warn her to reconsider her suggestion even though I know she just tries to play around.

"You said whatever I want." She grinned.

"You're naughty."

"Come here," she patted the other side of the bed, asking me to lie beside her.

"Let me switch off the light first."

"No, Carlos! You know I always sleep with the light on." Her voice was shaking. Taking about anything related to the darkness caused her to lose control.

"Don't worry, the night light beside you are on and I'm here with you, okay?"

"No, I can't see anything with that."

"Cupcake," I moved closer to her, sitting next to her and holding her hand, "do you trust me?"

She nodded her head.

"Then, just listen to me, alright?"

"Can't we just sleep with the light on tonight?" She tried to beg but I won't allow that. I have my reason for this. I shook my head which caused her to sigh.

"Ok, but wait for me. I will go with you." She moved from the bed, clutching tightly on my hand.

"Wait, the light is on?" She pointed at the night light on the bedside to double confirm.

"Yes, it's on. I will not let you stay in the room without any light. Come," I pulled her to the switch and turned off the light. I noticed how her body tensed at the moment the room turned dark, only the bedside's light lightens up the room, giving us some brightness.

"See, it's not that bad, right?" I pulled her to the front and embrace her from behind.

"Why are you doing this, Carlos? You're acting weird tonight."

I kissed her cheek before carrying her with bridal style. It was too sudden that it made her sequel with surprise. "Let's talk on the bed," I said walking to the bed and placing her gently on it. I moved to the other side and pulled the duvet to cover both of us.

"Come closer," I scooped her closer to me making her lie on my chest.

"Are you going to tell me now?"

She lifted her head and stared at me, anticipated my explanation. I chuckled at her curious face.

"Promise me first that you won't get angry."

"Hmm, okay."

"I want to erase your bad memories about the darkness by replacing them with new memories. I want to help you to walk out of the past. If you really cherish it, you will see that darkness is something beautiful, not something scary. Let me ask you, what do you think about our dinner earlier?"

"Hmm, it was nice. I never had any candlelight dinner before. That was the first and really it was awesome. I appreciate your effort, Carlos."

"I promise you that it won't be the last if you give me the chance to do this. We will create a lot of sweet memories together. I won't force you into this but I really hope you will say 'yes' to me this time."

"You always want me to say 'yes' to you."

I chuckle at her sudden attack and kissed her forehead a few times.

"Yes, I won't argue about that. Normally I want you to say 'yes' to me 100% but this time I put my hope up to 200%."

She rested her palms on my chest and her chin on top of it. I looked at her with one of my arms behind my head.

"I have no doubt that you're superb at closing a deal with people. No wonder you're doing great in business. Look at how you convince people with your words." I smirked at how she teased me.

"So, what do you say, Ms. Cupcake? Can we close the deal now?"

"Hmm, let me think-"

I pulled her hand and do a handshake, "deal." She slapped my hand immediately.

"Hey, I haven't agreed yet."

"I know you already agree to it but you just play hard to get." I pinched her nose and laugh at her unsatisfied face. I know she wasn't angry as the smile slowly covered her face.

"Come here, let me hug you. You don't know how much I missed you for the past few days. I tried to forget it and working like hell. I'm waiting for you to knock on my door, come to me, and talk to me but nothing. You're so mean to me. You don't miss me at all, right?"

"If you missed me that much, why would you let me wait for you for three days? Why don't you come earlier?"

"Wait, what did you say just now? Were you waiting for me to come to you?" Her words surprised me. I turned her face so that I could have a better view of her face.

"Hmm, not too much." She smiled sheepishly.

"Why don't you come to me then?"

"The first move should come from the guy. The phrase 'ladies first' won't fit in this situation."

"What a smart mouth." I brushed my thumb on her lips.

"I know." She grinned, showing her playful face.

"Let's sleep, Cupcake. It's late."

"Good night, boyfriend. Thank you for tonight."

"No rewards for me?"

She immediately pecked my lips with a quick kiss and muttered, "the way to thank you properly. I almost forget." I can't hide the satisfied smile on my face.

"Good night, Cupcake."

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤