Chapter 36: Something is missing

One year later

Carlos POV

"Carlos, this is not the way to your home," she noticed that I drove the car to a different path.

"Yes, you're right about that," I said with my eyes on the road.

"Where are we going?"

"I want to bring you to somewhere far from the city."

"Are you kidnapping me right now?" I turned my head to look at her. I saw a grin on her face; her happy mood was evident on her face.

"Why are you so happy when someone is kidnapping you, Cupcake? You should feel scared instead of happy," I teased her, pinched on her cheek. She giggled with my action and holding onto my hand afterward.

"I don't know. Thinking of you as my kidnapper sounds fun." I shook my head at her imagination. I placed a kiss on the back of her hand before she let it go so that she won't distract me while driving.

"Tell me, Carlos, where are we going?" She eyed me with excitement all over her face.

"It's a surprise, Cupcake. Surprise," I repeated the last word with hope that she won't ask anymore. If not, I might accidentally spill the detail and spoil the plan.

"Oh, I like surprise," giggles escaped her lips. I chuckled at her reaction to her statement.

"I know that very well, Cupcake. You can sleep first if you feel sleepy. It will take hours to arrive there."

"That far?"

I hummed and nodded as a response, "go sleep Cupcake."

We were from the office and since tomorrow will be weekend, I purposely pick today to give her the surprise. At least, we will not rush to return to the city.

"I don't want to sleep. You will be lonely then if I sleep. Let me accompany you."

"You're not tired?"

"No, the surprise made me energetic and fully awake." She chided in a happy tone.

"It was obvious." I glanced at her before turning my head to the front again.

"I love you, Carlos," she suddenly confessed her feeling. It surprised me.

"Cupcake, you know what, I have the urge to stop at the middle of the road and smooch your lips," I told her honestly. She burst out laughing.

"We can do that later, Carlos." She still laughing, enjoying teasing me in her own way.

"You're such a tease."

For the rest of few hours, we keep talking about random topics. I could see that she was tired and sleepy. I caught her yawned a few times but she refused to sleep as she claimed that she wanted to talk to me until we reached the destination. How cute she acts by forcing herself to stay awake just to avoid me from feeling lonely.

Suddenly, I didn't hear her voice. I glanced at her and noticed that she was sleeping peacefully with her hands on her folded legs on the seat. Her body was turned to my side as she was facing me while talking to me all the time. I stopped the car at the roadside.

I grabbed the blanket from the back seat, covering her and at the same time gently moved her legs. After that, I lowered the seat so that she could sleep comfortably on it. I tried not to make any noise that will make her awake. I kissed her forehead before resuming the journey.

After one hour of driving on the road with Cupcake sleeping soundly beside me, we finally arrived at the destination. I pulled over the car and open the front gate before I parked the car at the garage. I opened the entrance door before coming back to the car. Slowly, I moved to the passenger seat and opened the door. I picked her up from her seat in the bridal style.