Chapter Three

"Ardema!" They all smile looking at my 'air nomad' clothes. I hid my fire nation attire in my bag. Aang had taught me to use air bending as a reflex instead of fire for my protection but it was still hard. I no longer had wrap, my burn was on the right side of my body directly under my breast and stopped beside my belly button. And went along my side.

      "So how do I look?" I asked Aang blushed.

     "Do you mean your body or all of you? Because I-I mean both look amazing." Aang took a deep breath. "You look amazing." I smiled and kissed his head arrow.

    "Thank you Aang." He smiled blushing then I sat on Appa's head beside him.

"You have no idea where you're going, do you?" Sokka asked and I looked to the happy Airbender beside me.

    "Well ... I know it's near water." Aang smiled.

    "I guess we're getting close then." I snort, jeez why am I so unladylike. I look to Katara, who is preoccupied with sewing a hole in Sokka's pants, Aang glances at me from atop Appa's head, Momo perched on his shoulder.

    "Momo, marbles please." Momo who dives into Aang's shirt and emerges, handing Aang two small, gray marbles. "Hey Ardema, check out this airbending trick!" Using airbending, Aang manages to spin the two marbles quickly along an equatorial plane as he grins happily. I giggled and he blushed softly.

"Do it again." I whisper watching in slight amazement. Soon we heard Katara and Sokka argue over pants I wasn't paying much attention but what made me turn as red as a tomato was what Aang said.

"Relax, Sokka. Where we're going, you won't need any pants." Aang yanks Appa's reins to the left, his tongue sticking out of the corner of his mouth. Appa picks up speed as he flies to a beach, where Appa has landed and we all dismounted.

    "We just made a pit stop yesterday. Shouldn't we get a little more flying done before we camp out?" I said softly. Aang smiled at me.

    "She's right. At this rate, we won't get to the North Pole until spring." Katara said.

    "But Appa's tired, aren't you boy?"
Appa does not react at all apart from a mild grunt, which comes across less than convincing. "I said, aren't you boy?" Appa puts slightly more enthusiasm behind his response the second time by grunting louder and opening up his mouth wide as if he was yawning. I giggle and kiss Appa's head.

"Isn't Appa so cute!" I smiled and hugged Appa's head. "I'll make you some crispy apples later!" He grunts.

    "Yeah, that was real convincing. Still, hard to argue with a ten-ton magical monster." I didn't realize Aang was smiling at me until I turned away from Appa.

    "Look!" He shouted pointing at the water, where an elephant koi jumps out and back in, creating a giant splash. "That's why we're here. Elephant koi, and I'm gonna ride it. Ardema, you've got to watch me!" I smiled then blushed as Aang runs up and dives in, completely bare besides his underwear. As soon as he submerges, he jumps out again.     "Cold!"

I watch in amazement at the air bender as he rides on the elephant koi. Katara had went to get Appa because he was trying to eat a tree?

"There's something in the water." My eyes widen at Sokka's words before I stepped foot into the water running out trying to flag him to come back.

I blasted the incoming fish/serpent with lightening finally catching Aangs attention. He uses airbending to run across the surface of the lake at lightning speed. Sokka suddenly grows alarmed as Aang collides straight into him, having reached the shore safely. I watch as the dorsal fin of the creature disappears beneath the surface. Katara and I run to where her brother and Aang have come to a halt. Aang is dressing himself as Katara, Momo, and I approach the boys.