Chapter Seventeen

"Princess Ardema?" A male voice called as I fake limped and and kneeled over as I got to the edge of the walk. I saw Fire Nation Guards running towards me. My gold and red clothes and dark hair giving me away. They got to me and one of them picked me up.

    "Help." I whispered as the others snuck in underneath, through the sewers. I was immediately brought into the infirmary and cared for under watch of a soldier.

    "Princess? May I ask you to undress so I can look at your wounds further?" The soldiers eyes bulged as I nodded and began to undress. He quickly left and the lady tended to the wounds Sokka and Katara helped me cover myself in. I groan softly as she tends to me.

   "Guard! Get me some silks of every color please along with boots!" I called. I heard him hurry off and I sighed. Might as well make a new outfit while I'm here.

     "Here you are your majesty." The guard said dropping off what I asked for. I began working on the clothes as she worked on my lower back. I flinched slightly feeling the ointment being rubbed into the shallow cut.

    *time skip*

    I had finished my outfit plus an outfit for Katara. I had been waiting for the perfect time to escape when I heard groaning men and women leave the city. I put on my new outfit as everyone ran outside to watch I burned my old one then ran out of the back of the tent. As I walked seeing Katara and Sokka with the group but no Aang. I sighed and continued walking soon seeing Flopsie? Aang told me about the giant pet King Bumi has. I ran up and jumped into his fenced in area.

"Flopsie!" As both me and Aang call his name, Flopsie turns around and happily tries to reach his friends His chains hold him back, so he sadly ceases his attempts. Aang jumps over him and I nimbly bring my foot up crashing it down breaking the lock, freeing Flopsie. The happy animal hugs and licks Aang's face.

    "Come on! Oh goodness I missed my girlfriend." I giggled. He climbs on top of Flopsie, pulling me along with him. "You gotta help me find Bumi. Yip Yip!" I snort as Flopsie does not move a muscle. "Oh ... I guess that doesn't work with you. Let's go!" Flopsie takes off at full speed, but we still didn't find Bumi. I sighed and looked around.

"Let's go back to the others."

"I haven't found Azula! She'd be here she's always everywhere." I groaned and he sighed. "Fine, let's go back." I said wrapping my arms tighter around his waist as Flopsie carries us both to the group.

"We looked everywhere. No Bumi." Aang said dismounting Flopsie, who moans in sadness. Sokka turns around and hugs Flopsie's face. The arrival of Yung interrupts the reunion.

    "We've got a problem. We just did a head count."

    "Oh no. Did someone get left behind?"

    "No, we have an extra." He holds up a baby. My eyes widen as I take him.

"SO CUTEEEE!" I say twirling around baby in hand. He giggled and I pinched his little cheeks.

As we were all sitting around figuring out a new plan I noticed the baby going over to Sokka and taking his boomerang. Aang kept looking at me as I watched the baby.

"No! Bad Fire Nation baby!" The child starts to cry. Katara and I look from the baby to Sokka and I whack him across the face before placing my hands on my hips in a motherly fashion. "Oh ... all right." Sokka gives his club back to the baby who immediately stops crying and starts to play with it. Katara hugs the baby from behind.

    "Oooh, you're so cute." She kisses him on the cheek, while an annoyed Sokka looks the other side, resting his head on his hand. "Mmmmm ..." I smiled softly then turn to Aang, his gaze dropped for a moment to my exposed stomach before he blushed and kissed my cheek.