Chapter Sixteen

While we were taking a break from flying I sat with my feet in the water while Sokka is relaxing peacefully, floating on a large leaf in the water with Momo sleeping on his stomach, while Katara and Aang are facing each other while practicing waterbending.

    "You guys are going to be done soon, right? We have a lot of ground to cover if we're going to make it to Omashu today." Sokka said.

    "What? Like you're ready to go right now, naked guy?" I snort as Katara smiles at him smugly.

    "I could be ready in two minutes. Seriously, whenever."

    "So you were showing me the octopus form?"

    "Right, let me see your stance." She says. I watch as Aang assumes a defensive stance. I stood and began walking to him fixing his stance from behind with a small smile.

    "Your arms are too far apart. See, if you move them closer together, you protect your center. You got it?" I said kissing his cheek as I walked away.

    "Oh, yea ... thanks." Katara assumes her stance.

    "Okay, let's see what you got." Aang bends the water, creating a globule which eventually transforms into eight whip-like water tentacles. He carefully maneuvers them, fending off shards of ice that Katara repeatedly sends at him by throwing them away or dodging them. At length, he manipulates one of the tentacles, curling it around her leg, gripping it firmly and pulling on it.

    "You make a fine octopus, Pupil Aang." I giggles as Aang begins to dance suspended in a globule of water. Making him look like an actual octopus.

    "Da, da, da. Don't fall in love with the traveling girl. She'll leave you broke and brokenhearted. Hey, river people!"

    "We're not river people." I said raising my eyebrow at the stranger.

    "You're not? Well then what kind of people are you?"

    "Just ... people." Aang said coming over to me. His arm went around my waist protectively and I smiled.

    "Aren't we all, brother?" The unknown man replies.

    "Who are you?" Sokka says.

    "I'm Chong and this is my wife, Lily. We're nomads, happy to go wherever the wind takes us!" He suddenly strums his lute-like instrument in a crazy fashion much like a rock star strums crazily on their guitar.

    "You guys are nomads? That's great! I'm a nomad!"

    "Hey, me too!" Chong says.

    "I know ... you just said that." I snorted

    "Oh. Nice underwear ..." He says looking to Sokka, who then grabs Momo and covers his undies. I giggled and hid my face against Aang.

Pretty soon we were all sat on Appa my boots now on and a girl doing my hair as Aang wore a pink flower wreath. I held his hand.

"Hey, Sokka, you should hear some of these stories. These guys have been everywhere!"

    "Well not everywhere, Little Arrowhead. But where we haven't been, we've heard about through stories and songs." Chong said as Lily braids my handZ

    "They said they'll take us to see a giant night crawler!" I shook my head at Aang.

    "On the way, there's a waterfall that creates a never-ending rainbow!" Moku said.

    "Look, I hate to be the wet blanket here, but since Katara and Ardema are busy, I guess it's up to me." Katara shoots him a glare as another nomad braids her hair. I just roll my eyes. "We need to get to Omashu. No sidetracks, no worms and definitely no rainbows."