Chapter Twenty-Nine

I sat on Aang's lap straddling him, in my blue outfit and played with my now short hair as I rested my head against Aang's chest. He was landing Appa on some island.

Everyone jumps off Appa and Aang sets me on my feet smiling softly. I see some koala sheep are sleeping, as come out of the bushes. Sokka looks at a map, while everyone else looks around. Momo jumps over on Aang's shoulder, as Aang scratches his head.

    "This is it! The official rendezvous point for the invasion force."

    "How did you pick this place?"

    "Before we split up, my dad and I found this island on the map. It's uninhabited, and the harbors surrounded by the cliffs seemed like the perfect secluded place." I sighed softly and walked to the koala sheep.

    "Nice choice, Sokka. And we're here four days ahead of schedule."

    "Wait! Four days? The invasion's in four days?" Aang and I said at the same time.

    "Whatever. That's like four days from now. Let's just calm down and-" Sokka falls asleep and begins snoring.

    "Sokka's got the right idea, Aang. Ardema. We're here. We're ready. The best thing we can do now is get plenty of rest."

    "I guess."

"I get to see my father in four days." I whispered as everyone else fell asleep. Aang smiled softly at me then pulled me atop him as we laid down.

       I wake up and began looking for Aang, who is still training. He is now banging his fists against a tree, which wakes up Sokka, Toph, and Katara. Katara looks at Sokka, who just shrugs. I get up and go talk to Aang about this.

"Hey. How long have you been up?" I said as I reached him. I grabbed his hands and rubbed his reddened knuckles.

"A couple hours. I got a lot more skills to refine if I'm gonna fight Ozai." He pants and then leans down and pecks my lips.

"You know, there is such a thing as over-training." He moved back to punching the tree with a shrug.  Aang hits the tree one last time, which sends a vibration throughout his body and makes him fall down, with all of the leaves off the tree collapsing on him. I just gaze down at him, and Katara tilts her head as she puts new water in her pouch, and Sokka, holding his map, and Toph, who is facing the other direction, look out from behind her. Aang comes out from under the leaves and walks around me in a fighting stance.

"You don't get it, do you? My form is bad, I'm sloppy, and I still don't know any firebending. Not even the basics." Aang's left eye twitches a little bit after saying this. I bring Aang's hand down, with a small smile on my face. Sokka is seen, lying down, still looking at the map.

"That's okay, Aang. The eclipse will block off firebending anyway, for everyone besides Ardema. You don't need to know it. Plus, it's a stupid element."

"Okay, well I still have to work on everything else. I better spend the whole day training." Aang bows quickly toward Sokka, followed by me, and rides off on an air scooter. Sokka moves the map up in front of his face to hide behind it.

    "I should find him." I said before following his actions and directions. "Aang." I said when I found him. He jumped and I grabbed his hands. "I'll teach you lightening but you have to promise you'll get some sleep." He nodded and got into the stance I once showed him.

     "Now what?" I showed him the movements and watched as he followed them flawlessly. I nodded and smiled softly.

     "Now just bend." I sent out some lightening and he followed our lightening hit each other's in the distance and exploded off into different directions. We looked at each other then walked away whistling. "Please don't shave your head." I pout as I touched his hair. He chuckled and kissed me softly.