Chapter Eighteen

*skipping the Swamp*

"If I ever get sucked into a dirty yucky swamp I'm going to shove my crown into my chest." I mumbled. "I want to bathe." Katara snorts. I beat my body up burning away the swamp feel.

"OUCH! Ardema, what the heck!" Katara said. I took a breathe and cooled myself down.

"Sorry, Heat burns swamp germs." We'd been awake about 20 minutes because Momo tried sacrifice Sokka's life to the Agni spirit for a spider. In other words Momo shiver his head into Sokka's mouth waking us all up.

"There's a river over there." Sokka grumbled.

"I don't have under wraps this outfit is to tight for that. I'm not getting that bare when people could sneak up on me to stare at my non existent lady parts!" I whisper yelled. Everyone's face turned a bright red but I didn't care. I haven't been sleeping much lately ever since the swamp where I saw my mom.

"Ardema, Katara will go with you." Aang whispered rubbing my shoulder. I nodded and grabbed Kat's hand dragging her to the lake before stripping completely and climbing into the water. Her eyes stayed away from my body the entire time as I wrapped the water around me cleaning myself. I also healed anything and everything.

"Here's your hair wash." I took some of it and massaged it into my scalp.

"Katara I have a bad feeling about today." I said as I washed my hair out. She locked eyes with me. "Just something is going to happen." She nodded.

*time skip*

"Yay you're back and I have warmth." Aang said wrapping his arm around me. I giggled and kissed his cheek noticing Sokka still scolding Momo.

"Give up! You're completely surrounded!" I heard as the ground began to rumble. I turn and see four rhinos are circling around us. Vachir, as he fires two flaming arrows toward Sokka, who was trying to crawl away like a caterpillar in his sleeping bag. I jumped in front of him and blast a string of white fire at him. I know these guys.

    "Come on! Come on! Come on!" Sonja climbs aboard Appa, where Aang's already waiting for him.
Katara also makes her way toward Appa. Just before she reaches him, she stops in her tracks and turns around. I began fighting them all. I watch the man with the Guan Dal spin his weapon around and plants it in the sawed of tree trunk Katara was sleeping on a bit earlier. Next to the tree trunk lie some of Team Avatar's supplies.

    "My scrolls!"

    "My staff!" He jumps off Appa's head, while Sokka just manages to get on. I groan and drag energy around me and blast it at the rhinos feet.

"Ardema! Get on Appa!" I growl as the men all look to me smiling sadistically. Yeh-Lu ignites one of the hand grenades hanging on his belt. He throws it at Aang, who has reached his staff by now. The explosive lands right beside him, but the fuse is still burning. Aang swirls his staff around and knocks the explosive out of the way and into the woods. Aang propels himself into the air with airbending while the bomb explodes. He lands on Appa's head.

    "Yip yip!" I yelled flipping over to Appa jumping on his head beside Aang. Appa rises from the ground, leaving the Rough Rhinos behind. Mongke shoots a fire ball at them as they fly over. Katara and Sokka quickly duck and cover their heads, as I jump back and send it back turning it white. Pretty soon Appa landed nearby a small, wooden house.

   "Sorry about your boomerang, Sokka." Aang said as I rubbed my gloved palms. Sokka sits on the ground in a gloomy mood. Katara is buying supplies is the background.

    "I feel like I've lost part of my identity." He jumps up and moves Aang's hat slightly so that he can point at Aang's arrow. "Imagine if you lost your arrow, or Katara lost her ... hair loopies, or Ardema lost her white fire." I raised a brow and bit my lip. He slowly saunters over to the stall, where Katara gives him a loving hug in order to comfort him before she holding her hands in front of herself while smiling lovely at Sokka.