1 • Orientation

The morning of September 30th, new students began to slowly fill the empty campus of MCYT University. The trees around campus had begun to turn bright shades of red, orange and yellow, some leaves drifting in the wind and landing softly onto the smooth stone pathways. 

A blonde boy dressed in a red and white T-shirt stood next to the impressive 3 layered fountain staring down at the school issued map giving it a confused look. On the floor next to his feet were 2 large battered boxes labeled with scribbly black marker. After another few minutes of desperately trying to figure out the map, the boy grunted and shoved the map into the pockets of his beige cargo pants, did his best to get a hold of his boxes and started to push them with his foot in a random direction that he hoped was the correct way. 5 minutes passed and the boy had made it a puny couple feet towards the doors of the school. 

"Uh, do you need help?" 

The blonde boy turned towards the voice. A brunette boy in a green shirt about a head shorter than him stood there raising an eyebrow at the feeble attempt at moving the boxes the blonde boy had done.

"Who are you?" The blonde boy asked bluntly.

"I'm Tubbo, a Freshman here! Who are you?" The brunette announced completely oblivious to the rudeness of the blonde. 

"TommyInnit! 50k on Twitch and 300k on YouTube!"

"Ooh, I'm a streamer too! Much smaller though. Anyway, back to the original question, need any help?"

"Nahh, the great TommyInnit never needs hel- " 

Tubbo raised an eyebrow.

Tommy sighed and gave in. " Yeah, that would be appreciated."

Tubbo smiled and quickly got to work getting Tommy a package trolley and together they loaded his boxes onto it. Together they made their way to the orientation meeting area where they were introduced to a tour guide, a sophomore by the name of Deo. 

"Uh hi, I'm Deo and I'm supposed to show you around and stuff. Some basic information, most fundamental classes are all on the right wing of the main building which is the one your in right now, dorms are the buildings on the left behind this building. Administration offices are in this building, along with libraries and other study related facilities. Recreational facilities are on the right side behind this building. Farther out in front but on the edge of dorms are major specific buildings. In front of the fountain are the gardens, following the path out you will reach the city..." 

The talk lasted for hours, Tommy thought his head was going to explode after being fed all of this new information at once, and also his legs were just about ready to give up on him for standing for so long.  Tubbo seemed to be faring a whole lot better than Tommy was. The same bright smile from when they met was still plastered on Tubbo's face and he looked just as energized as before. The two had finally finished orientation and now were waiting to get their dorm assignments. 

A nice pale blonde haired sophomore greeted them. "Hello! Tommy and Tubbo correct?" 

"Yeah."

"Those are lovely names! I'm Niki, I'll have those dorm assignments ready in a second!" Niki tapped on the tablet in front of her, entering both of their names in. "So Tubbo, you were originally alone, and Tommy you had a roommate who dropped out at the last second.  To save space, do you two mind sharing a dorm?"

Tommy looked at Tubbo and shrugged.

"Sure, lets do it." Tommy replied. 

"Great! Your dorm number is 231! Have a nice day!" Niki said smiling, handing one key to Tubbo and one to Tommy.

"I am getting food from the cafeteria before heading over I'm EXAUGHSTED." Tommy exclaimed.

"Sounds like a plan!" Tubbo replied cheerfully following Tommy to the cafeteria.