Chapter 19

I never experienced grief this bad before. It all started when I lost my nother or maybe father as well. It sneaked up on me quietly and took me under its arms in an instant.

Every memory played like a song in my head, repeating itself for what seemed like forever.I had lost a big part of me which i can't get back.
At first, I thought grief was something bad that takes you ten feet under but soon I learned that it was just the price we had to pay for loving someone.

" Evening Arohi!!" Rohan came in with a tray of food. I slept the whole day. I rubbed my puffy eyes which were tired of crying and became itchy. He pecked my nose earning an annoying look from me.

" It's just that i love your red nose!" I rolled my eyes ignoring his words. He forwarded the spoon to my mouth.
" I'm not hungry Rohan..." He said nothing but his hand remained in the same position.

Aargh I groaned and ate the spoonful of rice. Rohan grinned at me and started feeding me forcefully. " You know i hate you!" I scoffed at him.
" Ohh really, i thought that you love me!" He winked at me. I gave him a disbelief look.

Rohan placed the plate beside the bed table and took out a kurti. " Go and get ready!" He handed it over to me.
" Why?" My anxious gaze met his. He ignored my question and pulled me out of the bed. " Should i get you ready?..." He untied my hair grinning at me. " You're such a jerk!" I pushed him away and ran into the bathroom with him laughing behind.

Unsure of where we are going, i tried to cover my puffy eyes with a little bit make up and tied my hair into a simple ponytail. My eyes welled up when i saw myself in the mirror. The sudden waves of emotion was coming back. " Maa.." i chocked on my words. I quickly wiped the tears and took slow breaths to calm myself.

My nose became a tomato again. I pouted and cover it with my both hands thinking about Rohan. He likes my red nose. Unknowingly a stupid smile appeared my lips. "Arohii you're fine ..." Rohan's voice echoed in the bathroom.

I quickly made a touch up to hide my puffy eyes and red nose and made my way outside. Rohan sigh a relief after seeing me and approached me. " Why did you did make up on the cute red nose?!" He complaint like a baby. I hit him on his arms making growled in pain.

He untied my hair and took a few strands and let them flow down my shoulders. I gave him a questioning look to which he smiled " Looks good now!". He then took the shawl and wrapped it around my shoulders.

"It'll be cold outside!" He justified his actions. " let's go!" He wrapped his hands around my shoulders and we made our way to the destination he planned.

My back started aching. It's been already 5 hours since Rohan is driving. I wonder where this man is taking me. " Uhmm Rohan I'm hungry!" He nodded and pulled off the car on the side road.

" I'll get you something to eat! Just stay in the car and don't budge.. Okay!" He said sternly. I smiled at him. He's treating me like a kid. I laughed at my thought and looked at his retreating back.

He was back in less than few mins.
" Here we go with some Vada Pav!" My mouth went watery at it's sight only. I forwarded my hand to take one  when he took it back. "What the hell!" I growled. " You're looking like a monster who's ready to pounce on it... firstly promise you are keeping one for me!" Rohan pouted making me laugh. I nodded and took the Vada from him.

He adjusted himself in his seat and started driving. I relished the Vada and moan while eating earning looks from Rohan time to time. " Arohi... one is for me!" He kept his tone stern. I nodded and kept eating. He gave me some disapproving looks.

I laughed and fed him his one vada pav. He smiled like a child when he took a bite of it. I kept feeding him when he was concentrate on road.
" Rohan where are we going ?!" I tossed lazily on the seat." Sleep! When we will reach, I'll tell you!" I nodded and closed my eyes welcoming the sleep which was overcoming me.

I opened my eyes lazily to find Rohan leaning on the seat and looking at me. I sat up straight on the seat and gave him an annoying look. " What are you looking at ?!" I met his teasing gaze.
" Was just admiring my wife!" He leaned closer making my breath hitched. He unbuckled the seat belt saying " We've reached!"

My eyes wandered around the familiar surroundings. My eyes became moist and i met his gaze. He smiled warmly at me. " Go inside!, I'll park the car and come..." I nodded and pulled him closer for a hug. He rubbed my back gently and when i tightened my hold. " Ok go.. " He placed a soft kiss on my forehead!..

This house is my home, where the laughter used to happen everyday and I could rest at the end of the day on my mother's lap. My gaze moved to the wooden swing on the  garden. I remebered mom used to tell me that dad got me it.

Those bricks were laid one at a time, perhaps on a fine spring day. I let my eyes wander the roughness and how each is so very straight. This house was made with love, that's for sure.
Yet if you step inside you'll feel it's so different, a place where you started to fell suffocate and run away.

The thought of my step father crossed my mind. I smiled sadly and made my way into the house brushing my hands against the pics on the wall. I halted on the spot seeing Mom's smiling pic. I took if off the wall and traced my fingers all over it trying to sense her presence.

" Keep that back bitch!" My eyes widened at the voice and i met my fearful gaze to his. I quickly placed the frame on its place. " What the hell do you think you're doing over here?! You've got your mom's death news already i guess. So there's no right for you over here unless..." He approached me eyeing me from top to bottom.

I felt disgusted by his looks and wrapped the shawl around myself tightly. He stood in front of me and smirked " You remember what your mom did to stay in the house with you... " I closed my eyes in despair and cursed myself to come inside alone.

"Arohi..." I wiped the tears asap and faced Rohan with a smile. " Who is he?!" Mr sharma yelled near my ears making me take a step back. Rohan took large steps towards me and wrapped his arms around my shoulders. " Sir I'm Arohi's husband." Rohan said calmly. Mr Sharma smiled sheepishly and stared at me making me uncomfortable in his gaze.

" I assume that you're rich!" Mr sharma moved his gaze to a confuse Rohan. "Excuse me sir!" Rohan said calmly when Mr sharma let out an evil laugh. " Nothing... Arohi is just like Arushka, her mother...I mean entrapping rich men in their web..."

I cluched Rohan's shirt tightly making him looking at me. I nodded negatively afraid that Rohan will listen to that man and leave me. He tightened his hold around my shoulder and wandered his eyes back to Mr Sharma " I don't need my wife character certificate sir. I know my wife better than you. And whatever she does shouldn't concern you!"

Rohan smiled genuinely at him. " And i wanted to be kind but i don't think you deserve it. So kinda get the hell out of this place. I've already bought it from you.. so out of here !" Rohan raised his tone in the end.

Mr Sharma wandered his gaze to me and approached me. I snuggled closer to Rohan. He gave Rohan a mocking smile and held my wrist pulling me to his side. " Mr Sharma!!" Rohan roared in anger.

Mr Sharma tightened his hold on my wrist making me yelp in pain. " Mr Rohan Nanda... you seemed to be so proud of your wife. So let me tell you your wife is the daughter of the same woman whom your father fucked on your mom's funeral!" I stopped my efforts to get freed from his grip and gazed at Rohan had a blank look with no emotions.

" Rohan..." I called out to him but he didn't react. I cried his name a little bit louder to get his attention. " This is not true.. my mom won't ever do that... " I shrugged off Mr Sharma's hand and took quick steps toward Rohan.

I cupped his face making him facing me. " Trust me please.. my mom won't ever do that!.. " He shrugged off my hands and took a step back.  " Leave!" Anger was clearly visible in his eyes. I made a step closer when he took two steps back and roared " Leave Arohi!"

-------------------------------------------------------------

It's time for revelations...
Sorry for grammatical error...

I'm not sure of updating each Sunday now due to my exams schedule. I'll update in between when I've got time.

I think 10 or 11 more chapters to go...

Do vote and comments 💙...

Tada! See ya