Chapter 23

●Tara Sutaria as Shanaya ( new character) 

Rohan made me laid on the bed and went to fetch medicines. " Rohan it's just a headache!" I tried convincing him but this stubborn brat will never listen to me. I chuckled making him confused.

"Why are you laughing for no reason?" He  threw a questioning look at me. I shrugged off his questions feeling dizziness. Effects of the medicines! I groaned annoyingly and before i could say anything the sleep engulfed me.

Whispers and laughter were heard in the atmosphere making me blinking my eyes twice. I rubbed my eyes lightly before having a clear view of the room. I recognise the voices. So the newly wed couple is back. I smiled  at my thought before making my way downstairs.

"Arohiiii!!!!" Sara shrieked before engulfing me in a tight hug and trust me it was really a tight one! And soon I started feeling suffocated when Kartik joined the hug.  " Leave my wife idiots !" Rohan said in a loud and stern voice making them back out. Priyaansh let out a laugh.

They smiled apologetically. I met Kartik gaze. He grinned at me.  Creep! "You didn't told me you were coming back today... " I raised an eyebrow to him. " Actually the topic on which we were taking was more interesting so..." He winked at me. Arrghh this  guy. No one could win a conversation with him.

"Which topic? " Sara nudged his arms. Everyone's gaze were on us. I give Kartik a stern look. You better not say it Kartik! I warned him through my gestures. But a best friend definition is being savage! I facepalmed myself being embarassed when he let out the truth adding spices to it.

"Arohi wants to be a mother. She wants to experience that phase... " I avoided Rohan's gaze and threw dangerous looks to Kartik. How i wish  looks could kill someone ! Sara encircled her hands around my shoulders teasing me.

"I don't mind having a kid though! " My gaze met Rohan when he said so. He winked at me making me gasped.
" Just don't think of making out in front of us now!" Priyaansh broke his silence. They all burst out laughing making me go red in embarrassment.

"Anyway today all the men in the house are gonna make dinner! And you ladies enjoy! " Kartik added cheerfully. " Invite Shanaya also!" Rohan added making Priyaansh nod.

Rohan approached me and gestured to my forehead. " I'm fine! " i assured him earning his smile. " Uhmm Rohan I... I have something to tell you!... " I met his curious gaze.

"Let me guess! You want a baby... " He smiled teasingly making me go all red. This guy! I slapped his arms making him laugh. " Rohan It's serious... " His expressions turned into a serious one letting all his focus on me.

"Rohan... I... I've got a mysterious call... That person claimed that you know something about my Father's death... " I analysed his expressions to find his muscles tense. He stared at me blankly. " Rohan " I tapped his shoulders lightly to gain his attention.

"Arohi do you trust me? " He asked out of nowhere holding my hands into his. I nodded when he placed a soft kiss on my forehead. He pulled me into a hug. " We will talk about this later on but promise me no matter what happened, you will not leave me!" He squeezed me more into the hug.

"You guys better go and get a bedroom ! " Priyaansh voice echoed. Rohan made his hold more firm not wanting to break the hug. " Rohan let me go!" I tried to push him when he whispered " You promised me that you won't leave!"

"Yaa but i can't remain in this position for lifetime! " I tried to knock some sense into him. He slowly let his grip loose. Priyaansh gave us a confused look. " What the hell is happening over here?" Priyaansh took a step towards us only to be dragged back by Rohan.

Something is wrong for sure! My mind warned me. All i can do for now is to have faith upon Rohan. And about the mysterious person, I'm sure Rohan will find out something about him. There's a high possibility that he's lying.

Why would mom hide such a big  thing from me? But how does Mr Nanda knows my mom? And how the hell is Rohan connected with all these? All these things were bothering me making go on a verge of breaking down.

I sensed a pat on my shoulders.
"Arohi is everything fine?" Sara sounded genuinely concern. I nodded brushing out the thoughts. " You're sure ?" She threw me doubtful looks. "I'm fine sara! Nothing to worry about..." I reassured her earning her smile.

" Ok then! I'm gonna spoil your mood now by complaining about your best friend... " Sara pouted making me chuckle. " You can badmouth him anytime with me " I winked at her while she let out a laugh and pulled me along with her.

Sara indicates me towards the kitchen. I raised my eyebrows in confusion when she gestured cooking and mimicked detective. I couldn't help but chuckle at her antics. She sign me to come along. " It's time to be Jagga Jasoos!" She stated merrily!

Sara encircled her hands around my arms and pulled me towards the kitchen. We hide behind the pillar and peeped inside. My eyes widened seeing the state of the kitchen which was looking like a dustbin.

" They're playing "holi" with flour!" Sara let a heavy sigh. I shook my head in disappointment. " I wondered If we'll stay alive after eating the food prepared by them!" I glanced at my stomach and caressed it pitifully.

" I can ensure you that Rohan's food is safe but about that two... " Sara's voice trailed off and she sign me towards the door to see a figure standing over there with mom. We head over there to see none other than Shanaya.

I engulfed mom into a hug before giving Shanaya a warm smile.
" Uhmm Arohi who's she? " Mom looked at Shanaya questionigly.  Sara side hugged mom introducing Shanaya as Priyaansh's girlfriend.

We invited her into the living room and got involved into a conversation. I guess we successfully made her feel comfortable. " By way where's Priyaansh, Rohan bhaiyaa and all? " Her curious gaze met mine.

" They are busy in hatching plans to kill us!" Sara said with a disappointed voice glancing towards the kitchen. Mom and Shanaya gave us confused looks. " Actually they're cooking meals for us!" I clarified the matter.

The dining table was arranged beautifully. The difference was just the vegetables were a little more black that greenish.  I guess the salad went though a storm before landing on the table. And not to mention the shapes of the "rotis".

The only thing who had a good appearance was the Chicken curry garnished with cilantro and sliced green onions. I was definitely proud of my husband. I glanced at him whose nervous gaze were fixed on me. Ohh the Rohan Nanda is nervous.

They served us before getting seated themselves. " Just eat the chicken curry!Be safe!" Rohan whispered in my ears serving me "rotis". I give him an unbelievable look. My gaze met with Kartik whi gestured towards the veggies. I nodded and stuffed and roti with the veggies.

I didn't get the taste of vegetables but rather i felt like I'm having burnt rocks. I forced a smile at him and gulped down the food as quick as we could. The dinner went in silence.  Everyone ate the food silently passing no comments.

" Uhmm can we please head outside and have ice cream. Just to rearrange the taste of our mouths! " Priyaansh stated awkwardly avoiding our gaze..On every face rose a smile before we all started laughing.

" We badly need it bro! " Kartik pulled Sara along with him with all of us trailing behind them. Rohan glanced at Shanaya awkwardly. " I'm sorry it was the first time you met all of us and we treated you with such pathetic food! " Rohan sounded genuinely guilty.

Priyaansh gave us a warm smile and glamced at Shanaya. " It's ok! I actually felt special. Instead of treating me as guest. You treated me as own and made me feel comfortable so as i can have the burnt food! " she laughed at her own statement earning  a smile from Rohan.

_________________________________________

Sorry for updating late. I had uninstall wattpad due to some issue. Hope you guys enjoyed it. See ya soon :)