Chapter 1

Ch 1

Lonely

//The quality of being unfrequented and remote; isolation.//

Often mistaken with alone. But you don't choose to be lonely.

Chaeyoung:

Chaeyoung's eyes flickered open to the light shining through the windows. Turning groggily to the side she stretched her arms and checked the clock on the night table. Red computer numbers struck 6:50 AM so she turned off her alarm before it rang and pulled herself out of bed. A slight moan and yawn escaped her mouth as she dragged her feet on the cold hardwood floor to the bathroom.

Running fingers through her hair and grabbing a toothbrush she began to brush her teeth. Her eyes playing a quick staring contest in the mirror, she inspected herself. Her pale skin, the slight darkening circles under her eyes, and the recent drying of her skin. Finishing her brush she applied some lotion.

Chaeyoung hated mornings, in fact she hated all day. She was happier in bed—asleep. Unconscious about the things going on around her.

But this was routine, waking up in the morning, tired -even after a full night's rest. As though it was not her body that was tired but her heart. Chaeyoung was an orphan, she had not felt the love of a parent, sibling, or even a pet. She bounced around from home to home trying her best to stay positive. Chaeyoung had learned quite well how to fake positivity. After all nobody ever wanted to adopt a sad child, so Chaeyoung learned to stay "happy" a word that felt empty to her now.

Taking a quick cold shower to come back to her senses and calm her nerves. Chaeyoung put on her outfit for the day- a green jacket and white pants. Combed her blond hair, grabbed her white bag and left the house.

Walking towards her motorcycle, Chaeyoung pulled on her black helmet and spun the keys in the ignition

Walking towards her motorcycle, Chaeyoung pulled on her black helmet and spun the keys in the ignition. The vehicle came to life with a roar and Chaeyoung felt a calm cast over her. Listening to the hum of the engine and the vibrations through her body, Chaeyoung set off to the veterinary clinic where she worked. She zoomed past the shops near her, the restaurants, parks, and offices turning into mere blobs of color as she whizzed past them. The wind tangled and played with her hair as she drove over the one lane road. Soon enough, she was in front of the office. The large boxy letters in neon blue spelled out "Unleashed"

Chaeyoung grabbed her keys, helmet, and bag and made her way inside. The cool breeze of the AC making her shiver as she scurried to the to the back room to change outfits. But not before she was halted by a blond in the receptionist seat for some eager conversation.

Sana: Good Morning Chaeyoung! I hope you are having a nice day :)

Chaeyoung: Hey Sana I'm doing great! I hope you're not having any trouble with customers.

Sana: Not at all!

Chaeyoung gave a small wave and smile, not wishing to further the conversation longer she made her exit walking through the double doors into the back room. She put her bag into her locker, heaved a sigh and put on her coat. Grabbing large bags of dog food she made her way farther down the hall to the dog center. Opening the door she was swarmed with dogs of all ages, sizes, and breeds.

Chaeyoung: Hey there guys! Look what I got you... food! Are you hungry? Yes you are.

She spoke in her special baby voice

Caheyoung trotted to the back end of the room the heavy bag in her hands giving her a cramp. She tilted the bag and started to fill up the food containers. Once done, she gave the command and watched the happy, hungry dogs run over to start eating. She found animals to be so unique. They had no malicious intent and they loved without condition all for the small price of a bowl of kibble.

With a wide smile she did all the other rooms as well. The cats, birds, bunnies, etc.

Then she went to her other duties taking care of injured animals. Busy in her work time flew by and the lady she knew the clock struck 5:30. Chaeyoung grabbed her stuff and began heading out. But not before Sana stopped her once again.

Sana: Hey Chaeyoung, I'm going out with a couple friends tonight, would you want to come? We have been working together for a couple months already but I barely know anything about you.

Sana nervously laughed and brought her arm up to unconsciously massage her neck. Chaeyoung could tell she was nervous and wanted her to say "yes"

Chaeyoung: Thanks for the offer but I can't. I'm a little busy tonight. Sorry.

Chaeyoung knew full well she had no plans that night. But she tended to stay away from interaction. She was better off alone. Then hurt and longing.

Strolling out of the hospital Chaeyoung went back to her empty house. The walls were drab, and the house only consisted of the essentials... and the distractions. A sofa in the main hall in front of it, a grand TV, a walk-in kitchen besides it, to watch while cooking but Chaeyoung just ordered out. And a couple bedrooms, empty, except for one. In the room lie a queen sized bed for one, a small balcony peeking out into the city, and a guitar laying by the railing. Chaeyoung sat on the ledge by the window. She grabbed her guitar and began to hum a soft melody, closing her eyes until she finally succumbed to sleep.

Sana

On the other hand Sana had just reached the bar and seen her friends, Momo, Dahyun, and her girlfriend Tzuyu. She hugged her friends and with a small blush sat besides Tzuyu

Sana: Hey babe,

Tzuyu: Hi, how was work?

Dahyun: Isn't Chaeyoung coming? You told us you'd introduce us all to her!

Sana: Sorry guys she just always seems to be busy. I can't do anything about it.

Tzuyu rubs her hand over Sana's back and seeing the sad mood of the group Momo chimes in.

Momo: Pabo stop thinking about her, I'm hungry!

*Waving her arm in the air*

Let's get some food and drinks then get on that dance floor and the music isn't gonna wait for us!

With their smiles renewed Tzuyu and Sana step onto the dance floor as Momo and Dahyun order some Jokbal and start eating.

Chaeyoung:

While the setting sun slowly darkened the small four walled room of Chaeyoung's home she fell into a slumber. The swaying trees, sound of crickets, and dissipating clouds giving way to a comfortable hum. Till tomorrow she thought, maybe it will be better.

I will be better.

___________

Author's corner:

Hey guys!

I hope you like the first chapter. This is an introduction chapter for Chaeyoung. Next chapter is Mina.

This is my first chapter of my very first book!

Just so you know I'm inexperienced when it comes to writing so formatting and everything will be all over the place. But oh well sit back and enjoy :)) heheh