Chapter 8

Ubiquitous
//widespead, occurs everywhere//
"My love for you is so strong that I can't help but this of it all day, everyday, and in everything."

The sun blazed into the small room. The walls barren and the only sight-- the two bodies intertwined in bed sleeping peacefully without a care in the world.

Mina:I opened my eyes, the room was lit up and my head was aching! After a few seconds of disorientation I began realizing where I was

Mina:
I opened my eyes, the room was lit up and my head was aching! After a few seconds of disorientation I began realizing where I was. Actually the opposite 'where am I?' I looked up at the motionless ceiling fan and felt a warmth on me. Slowly lifting my head I saw Chaeyoung sleeping peacefully her arms wrapped around my waist and my head resting on her oscillating chest. It felt nice, the weight of her arms on my waist and the warmth radiating from her. I hugged her a little tighter until my brain finally kicked into overdrive and I quickly got up from the bed. The quick movement caused me to waiver a little and hold on to the bed. Chaeyoung by now had woken up and was staring at me with groggy eyes. She looked like a baby, slowly rubbing an eye with one hand and holding herself up with the other.

"What am I doing here? What happened?" Mina began pacing with heavy footfalls around the room. Sighing and holding her head.

Seeing the stress Mina was under Chaeyoung quickly got out of bed and was about to hold Mina by the shoulders when Mina flinched and scrambled to a corner of the room. "No stop, answer the questions!" Chaeyoung retracted her arms and took in a breath before seating herself on the bed. "You got really drunk last night and I didn't have your keys or want to barge into your home so I took you to my place." Chaeyoung looked Mina in the eye to find any sign of emotion.

Her eyes softened and she sat down besides Chaeyoung, she put her head in her hands and just took in deep breaths. Chaeyoung was slightly uncomfortable, she didn't know what to do. How does one comfort another? She stiffly put an arm around Mina. Who without notice pulled Chaeyoung's arm inwards and put her head on Chaeyoung's chest. They stayed silent a couple moments, then Mina finally spoke.
"Your heart's beating so fast"
Chaeyoung sat frozen
"I-I think it's just the heat"
Mina laughed slightly, watching the exasperated expression on Chaeyoung's face. She pulled away and got up when Chaeyoung asked.
"Do you remember anything from last night?"
"Not much, small spots in and out, we walked on the beach, dancing, being in the car, then waking up this morning."
"Nothing else?" Chaeyoung asked, remembering that kiss on her wrist and the sweet words Mina told her.
"No, but normally when I get blackout drunk it takes a couple days for me to remember everything"
She smiled then quickly ran out
"Hey I'm going to get going, Ray is home all alone and I need to feed him breakfast"
Chaeyoung nodded in understanding and watched Mina walk out, hearing the door make a thud sound the house was once again— empty.
She fell onto her bed in a huff. She was starting to catch feelings, she told herself she wasn't going to do that.

Mina:
I didn't tell Chaeyoung but I remember more than I told her about last night. I remember the brash move I made of kissing her on the wrist after she told me about her panic attack on the beach. I hit my head lightly, 'what was I thinking.'

I got outside when I realized. I didn't have a car, and I left my purse inside so I don't have my phone. 'Stupid, stupid, stupid, can't you be a proper woman at least once!'
Mina ran back and without a thought opened the door. When she began hearing a muffled sob. Her ears perked up and she began walking to the noise it could only be one person—Chaeyoung.

She was laying on the bed, covers surrounding her and she was shivering. I made my way besides her and without a thought hugged her. She was startled and began to move around. I let go slightly and saw her face. Her eyes were puffy and red and her cheeks stained with tears. I hugged her, I didn't want to know why she was crying just that she was fine. It broke my heart to see her cry. She cried and cried into my chest and I kept whispering sweet nothings into her ears until she stopped and she just held on like a scared puppy in my arms. She felt like the most fragile person and I wanted to keep her safe. Ever since I've met her I've felt a want to be around her.
We fell asleep again, this time she was in my arms. I kissed the top of her head lightly and we slept. Until a couple hours later when I woke up.

I removed myself from Chaeyoung's embrace, and though I missed her presence I wanted to get up and make something for the two of us or just roam around

I removed myself from Chaeyoung's embrace, and though I missed her presence I wanted to get up and make something for the two of us or just roam around. Walking around the apartment the place was empty. The walls were drab, no color at all, and no pictures, paintings, or clocks anywhere just white walls. Mina found them slightly haunting.

But avoiding the scarcity of belongings in Chaeyoung's house Mina headed to the kitchen, she opened the fridge to find only a loaf of bread, some eggs, and water bottles

But avoiding the scarcity of belongings in Chaeyoung's house Mina headed to the kitchen, she opened the fridge to find only a loaf of bread, some eggs, and water bottles. 'Oof what does this girl eat' Mina thought. She grabbed a piece of paper lying on the floor and a pen and quickly scribbled on a message. Taping it onto the fridge she grabbed her purse and left, she grabbed a cab to her home and freshened up. Had Jihyo drop her at the restaurant to pick up her car and went to the grocery store to pick up some food. She grabbed pancake mix, strawberries, blueberries, and bagels and cream cheese. With a full bag she headed back to Chaeyoung's house. Dropping Ray off at Jihyo's house. He had begun to heal up well and even began walking without trouble. These past days though, she keeps Ray at Jihyo's house to keep him happy and Jihyo really want to learn the responsibility of caring for another being.

Walking into the house it was still quiet. Not a single sound, Mina walked into the bedroom to see Chaeyoung was still sleeping soundly. So Mina got to work. There was one thing for sure that both Chaeyoung and Mina had figured out.

Mina: "I think I like you Son Chaeyoung"
Chaeyoung: "I think I'm falling for you Myoui Mina"

Both: "And I don't know how to stop it"

Author's corner:
Hey guys!! I hope you like the update. It's really late at night where I live but I wanted to update really quickly. I finished the big test I needed to take! Thank you for all the luck, it truly helped!!!
There is a twist in the next chapter so wait for it.
Any guessing what it could be?
As always my DMs are open to talk
Keep smiling
I love you all :)