Chapter 10

Asinine
//extremely stupid of foolish//
"In love we make some mistakes that we can only look back on and... laugh"

Mina:
I walked into my house. Keys jingling in one hand and flicking on the lights with the other. My heels clattered to the side as I pull them off, my eyes staring intently at the text.

"Your father has been waiting for you. Did you finish your side of the job?"

Feeling her head go hot Mina flung the phone onto the couch. "Who does he think he is!" She pulled out the stash of whisky in her cabinet "I'm no longer a child, he can't control me anymore" she took a swig of the whisky, it burned as it travelled down her throat but it felt nice. Slightly tipsy she grabbed her phone and when to her room. She still had work to do. So she threw off her clothes and stepped into the shower. Turning the water on cold she felt the droplets tickle her body as they cascaded down her skin. She let her hair get wet. Trying to think of nothing but the cold water flowing through her hair and body. But in a fit of rage she slammed her fist into the bathroom wall and with a crack the tile broke. She let her arm fall back to her sides. Droplets of blood now staining the white porcelain tub. She left the shower, got changed and left to the café across town to meet Jeongyeon and Nayeon. Sitting in the parking lot she let a fake smile crawl onto her face and she got out, took a deep breath and pulled on the door. The ambient lighting and sound of the room was peaceful. Her eyes roamed the room until she saw three women whispering and drinking coffee in the corner looking through catalogs. She walked over, slung her purse over the chair, and ordered herself a cup of tea. "Hey guys! What part are you on?"
"Ah Mina we are just putting the finishing touches on the look for the stage" Jeongyeon pointed to the wooden stage decorated with florals they chose.
"Yeah we were thinking that during the portion we walk in that everyone gets to hold a sparkler" Mina nodded in Nayeon's direction understanding her request.
"That way hopefully the girls will stay occupied during the wedding" that remark of Jihyo's earned a slap from Nayeon and a laugh from Jeongyeon.
*ting*
Mina looked at her phone to see a text from another unknown number.
Unknown: Good Morning Minari
Mina quickly flipped the phone over and felt her cheeks get hot as she realized whose number that must be.

She looked back up at the couple to see them chuckling "Ooh who is that 'MINARI'" Jeongyeon waved her fingers "It must be Chaeyoung, after us it is them who are gonna get married huh" Nayeon rang out

"Ooh who is that 'MINARI'" Jeongyeon waved her fingers
"It must be Chaeyoung, after us it is them who are gonna get married huh" Nayeon rang out

She looked back up at the couple to see them chuckling "Ooh who is that 'MINARI'" Jeongyeon waved her fingers "It must be Chaeyoung, after us it is them who are gonna get married huh" Nayeon rang out