Chapter 17

Stirring awake, Chaeyoung stretched her arms forwards, filling her lungs with a deep breath. She could feel the comfortable heat radiating off of Mina and how her arms instinctively got tighter around her waist. Mina's warm, shallow breathing, crawling up her neck and causing her goosebumps to riot.

It always amazed Chaeyoung how this woman made her feel. Even though all she was doing was sleeping, Chaeyoung found that there was no other word to explain her feelings but-- comfortable.

Pushing down on the bed, Chaeyoung turned around. To which Mina groggily moved backward. She watched Mina's hair cascade down half of her face, and her lips part slightly. Mina looked so calm and peaceful. She gently ran her fingers through her hair, pushing the stray strands behind her ear. She added a delicate kiss on the nose and whispered, "I love you."

On her way back, she saw hooded-eyed Mina staring back at her. Her lips curved in a pleasing smile. "I love you too," Her voice rang out, and she went to kiss her on the lips. But Chaeyoung moved away swiftly and pressed her index finger on Mina's soft lips, "Morning breath."

"Tease," her groggy morning voice spoke.

To which, Chaeyoung pulled out of bed, "I'll make some breakfast."Mina felt her eyes close again, and she dropped her head back onto her pillow. Just as she was about to sleep, a knitted pillow smacked her in the face, "Get up, babe!" Mina sat up abruptly."I'm up! I'm up!"

_________

Somi

"Hey Mina, so you're headed back tomorrow right,"

"Yeah, I'll be there. Can you get the files ready?"

"Of course. How did the meeting go?"

"Well, better than I expected."

"I'm glad; I know this was important to you."

"Thanks, Somi. See you tomorrow at work."Mina turned off her phone and to looked at Chaeyoung.

She was making some pancakes just like the ones Mina had made the day she came over. Mina strolled up to stand beside Chaeyoung. She eyed the food, "Yum." Chaeyoung scrunched her nose and laughed a little.

"So you have to go to work starting tomorrow, right?"Mina came up behind Chaeyoung and comfortably placed her head onto her shoulder, exhaling a breath of content she made a sound of agreement. Chaeyoung turned off the gas and spun on her heels, "Then let's do something today." She delicately placed her hands around Mina's neck and looked her in the eye. "All right," Chaeyoung smiled and grabbing the pancakes and plates. She sat down while Mina brewed the morning tea.

__________

He sat at his dimly lit desk, his head pounding and the constant coughs making it hard for him to concentrate. Closing the file with a snap, he turned his tired eyes to the photo of his precious daughter. She stood in a plain black dress, the young age of ten. She had been all he had after his wife's death. But he had been too strict with her. After the loss, he drowned himself in work, giving no time to his daughter, and when she asked for some. he would yell a bitter response. Had he not treated her that way, maybe she would be beside him at the moment.

He stretched his aching arms and legs, then stood up, turned off the one lamp that was lighting the dim room, and walked to the lit doorway. There stood one of the maids, a glass of water and medicine in hand.

"Thank you," he spoke,

Plopping a mint green colored tablet into his mouth, he drank all the water supplied to him, then continued down the hall. When suddenly, he felt a pain in his chest and violent coughing set on. He pulled a cloth napkin from his pocket and began coughing into it. Now on his knees, the maid ran to his side, panic present on her face. He finally calmed for a moment in which he saw the napkin soaked scarlet red blood and Bang running towards him. After that, his eyes closed, and he fell unconscious to the floor with a thud.