Chapter 2

Ch 2

Desire

//The longing or wanting to have something or wishing for something to happen//

I desire the things that will destroy me in the end - Sylvia Plath

Mina:

Waking up to the bright rays of the sun, Mina swung her legs off of her bed and onto the cold hard floor. Slipping on a pair of kinder joy slippers she began her day. She brushes her teeth, took a shower, and combed her hair. Once completely dressed in an oversized jacket and ripped jeans.

Mina headed downstairs to eat some food.

It was then that she heard the soft scampering of her dog Ray. She pulls out the bag of dog food from the pantry. At the sound and smiled.

"Good Morning Ray," she filled up his bowl as he hops up and down.

For herself, she prepared her favorite coffee, a Minaricano, and a bagel with jalapeño cream cheese. She swung her head to the side to see the clock strike 8:30 knowing she had a meeting with clients at 9 today, she quickly grabbed her car keys, pet Ray on the head and left for the "Busy Bean" coffee shop.

This was Mina's everyday, waking up, talking to Ray, and work. Mina loved to work, it was all she knew, and all she did.

Mina didn't like to deviate from her daily routine. She believed in order in her life, and the more she changed it the more she had to think about it. She had grown up in a strict family where she was expected to maintain manner. Her parents loved her but they didn't show it well, instead they yelled at her and made sure she was always on her best behavior. This led Mina down a path of toxic relationships, moving away from home at an early age, and liking to be alone and quiet.

Mina liked to drown herself in her work, that way she doesn't have to think of anything. Mina owned her own company, Myoui Marriages, she was a wedding planner. And right now inside the cafe.

Sitting in the coffee shop she ordered a hot chocolate but ensured that it was served to her in a coffee cup. As much as she liked coffee, she couldn't risk being hyper during work. But she also couldn't risk looking like a child in front of her clients. Let's just say it wasn't the best way to come across as professional.

While waiting for the clients Mina read their information file.

"Hmm two brides, outdoor wedding, light floral arrangement and a modern look" good choice she thought when she heard the chime of the door and in walked three girls.

Their eyes lit up as they saw Mina and they began heading her way. Seeing this, Mina put the folder to the side and stood up giving a quick bow.

Nayeon: Hi! You are Myoui Mina right? We are here for the wedding planning.

Mina: Yes, Yes, it's a pleasure to meet you! Ms...

Mina reached her arm out giving a slight bow.

Nayeon: You can just call me Nayeon this is my fiancé Jeongyeon and our best friend/ bridesmaid Jihyo .

Jeongyeon and Jihyo give a wide smile and shook Mina's hand as well. To get everyone a little more comfortable Mina orders coffee for everyone.

Mina: So I read your file and I like your choices, here are a couple concept ideas I have.

Nayeon looked thrilled, she held onto Jeongyeon's hand who ran her thumb across the dorsal of her hand and used her open palm to rub Nayeon's back "They look so in love" Mina thought

Mina was a hopeless romantic since birth, so planning weddings suited her.

She made every bride and grooms fairytale ending come to life. But as much as she loved to watch, it had begun to hurt her. She knew she would never have that. Everyone that ever came into Mina's life had left or died so she didn't expect anyone to stay. Though she really wanted someone to. But for now she watched the couples who had stayed the long run together and made their special days happy.

----------

After a couple hours of planning tables, menus, and color schemes, Mina was exhausted, and so was the couple and their best friend.

Jihyo: I think *yawn* we should end for today, we have done a lot. Plus, I want to get back home to Daniel too.

Jeongyeon: Yeah that seems like a good idea, we should get some dinner and rest I'd say, huh Nayeon?

She turned to her soon to be wife and snaked her arm onto her waist. She leaning her head onto her shoulder and closed her drowsy eyes.

Nayeon, not taking her eyes off the pamphlet caressed Jeongyeon's cheek and then nodded.

Nayeon: yeah I think my brain is turning to goo.

Mina stood up with the group and nodded in agreement giving a handshake she began packing up.

Mina: We did quite a bit today, let's meet up the day after to go over some flower arrangements and catering, okay!

In agreement they all headed out, Mina got in her car and finally let herself loose she rested her head on the wheel, finally letting her smile fade. She was exhausted. Even though she loved her job, she was an introvert at heart and constant conversation got her drained.

Heading home, she fed Ray his dinner, ate some leftovers, and sat on her bed. Laying down she felt somewhat weird in the echos of her silent room. The only sound her heart beat and the clock at the end of the room. It's harsh clattering as the time moved on wouldn't let Mina sleep. So she got up, turned on her fan, and went back to bed.

Mina couldn't sleep without the sound of the fan going, the silence in her room kept her from sleeping a blink, it allowed the negative thoughts in her head to speak clear as day. Ray plopped himself down besides Mina's bed and slept soundly throughout the night. This was Mina's everyday. Work, home, work, home, no deviance from this, besides weekends when she danced at the studio and took Ray out on walks.

_________

Author's corner: Hey guys! How are you all?

I hope you are having an amazing day, this was just a look into what Mina's day looks like, and her back story. I have also introduced the whole gang.

Let me know if you guys have any edits or cool ideas. And as always, my DMs are always open if you need to talk about anything!

I love you all and Keep Smiling :))