Chapter 14

Mina walked into her old room. It was still the same. The walls arching over, the king-sized bed, and the crescent fashioned side window that blazed moonlight throughout the room. A large painting hung above the berth. The portrait showed her sitting in an elegant pose. Her posture impeccable due to the years of ballet her father put her through.  The only new thing was a gift, wrapped silver paper by her bed. She went towards it and ripped off the wrapping to expose a box. Inside sat a small pendant, the letter M carved into it. She watched in glimmer in the moonlight.

"Someone is finally back." A thick voice spoke

Mina turned to see Bang Chan leaning on the door frame. His arms crossed, and a grin adorning his face. "Bang Chan," Mina smiled, walking towards him with her arms wide open. She gave him a big hug. "How are you?"

"I'm fine just working with your father. We all missed you dearly. But it seems like you've done well for yourself. You look very elegant" He walked to the bed and sat down, "I'm sure you haven't kept up defense training, so now you're soft,"

"Strong enough to kick your ass," Mina spoke while she continued to pack. He snickered, "What are you doing?"

"Packing to leave, you called, so I came, I listened to the instructions, and now I'm leaving," Bang laughed a little "You seriously think your father was going to let you leave?" He got up from the bed and put a hand on Mina's shoulder, "Get some rest. We have to go to the office tomorrow and sift through paperwork. You, missy, are leaving the day after." He walked out. Mina sat with a huff on the bed and tucked her head into her arms. This place brought up so many memories and emotions. How was she going to spend the next few days? Unpacking her belonging's Mina got a call from Chaeyoung.

"Hey," her tone was delicate.

"Chaeyoung, Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. Dahyun and Tzuyu are just crazy." she laughed gently. "I'm coming over to pick you up for the airport."

Mina sat down on her bed, and her cheeks got pink, "I'm already in Japan. I took an earlier flight," She bit her lip as the other end went silent.

"Oh, so you left without a goodbye?"

"No, no, I just- I went to your house, and you weren't there, so I thought the worst situation and that my dad had kidnapped you, so I came to Japan as soon as possible." Mina rambled

"Hey, it's okay, you're in Japan now?"

"Yes"

"Okay, I miss you already," *yawn*

"I miss you too, but you should sleep now. It's getting late,"

"Goodnight Minari"

"Goodnight Baby Cub,"

And with that, they both fell asleep.

------

"Daddy!" a small girl runs to a burly man sitting on a dimly lit desk. She clings to his leg. He's wearing a coat and going over a couple of files on his desk. He was diligently writing notes while massaging his head with one hand. But at the sight of his young daughter, his entire aura shifted. A smile embellished his face as he pats her oak brown hair.

"Did you have dinner yet?" His voice is coarse,

"No, Mommy told me to call you first."

"Oh, alright, tell her I'll be there in a minute."

The girl nodded and quickly ran out of the room as the man's demeanor once again changed.

"Chaeyoung, what did your father say?"