Chapter 3

CH 3

Serendipity

//The occurrence and development of events by chance in a happy or beneficial way.//

"It's a beautiful thing to meet someone who makes you forget all your troubles"

Now that the weekend had approached, Mina had the chance to sleep in, but she rarely ever did. She woke up at seven and started her day. Heading downstairs, Mina preparing pancakes for breakfast and fed Ray his kibble. After eating, she began to work on the Yoo and Im marriage. Picking out options for them and checking out multiple locations to have the wedding at. They were such a cute couple, obviously deeply in love, and she wanted to make this wedding special for them. After a couple hours, Mina decided to take a break, and she sat in front of her desktop playing some Minecraft. She loved the noises the characters made in the game, a cute and soft "hmph" After an hour of building and playing, Mina got up to make lunch. When she got a notification from another wedding couple Irene & Seulgi, for help on their wedding dress. Seulgi was trying on the dress and now there was a huge wine stain on it. Massaging her head Mina grabbed a jacket and left the house.

- Time Skip -

After Mina had helped Irene and Seulgi with their problem, it was already dinner time. She ate at the local restaurant, and after a filling meal, she decided to blow off some steam through exercise. Besides, she needed to take Ray on his daily walk, so after 30 minutes of dancing. Mina walked out onto the street with Ray.

Ray was trained enough to be able to run/walk beside her without a leash, so to keep practice, Mina would keep Ray without a leash most walks. She began lightly jogging to the park. Ray beside her, they reached the park in 10 minutes and sat on the small bench watching the sunset. Ray in her lap and a slight shiver in her spine, Mina felt a pang of sorrow. She wished to have someone with her. Someone who would offer her their jacket, or watch the sunset with her.

With a sigh, Mina got up and ready to head back home

With a sigh, Mina got up and ready to head back home. She put Ray down and began jogging again, this time the sky was pitch black, the road only illuminated by the street lights, the soft pattering of Ray beside her; Mina turned some music on and put in her headphones. She began running a little faster.

A few moments later Mina turned her head to look at Ray, but he was no longer beside her. Panicked, she began looking around, through the bushes and the trees, the barren street had no sign of her Ray. Suddenly she saw Ray crossing the road a car coming in full speed ahead of him. Mina screamed as the car ran over Ray. She ran to him, tears beginning to well up in her eyes; Ray was all she had, she could not lose Ray. Trying to keep calm, she wiped her tears with her sleeve and pulled her phone out. She found directions to the nearest veterinarian. Gathered Ray in her arms she began sprinting to the pet hospital. Her tears blurring her path as she ran.

-------------

Chaeyoung had taken a couple extra shifts tonight, she didn't want to go back home and a litter of kittens had been found by a dumpster so was now cleaning and feeding them. Everyone had gone home and she was expected to lock up. After a tiring day, Chaeyoung was blasting some music in her earbuds and feeding the kittens. Her back faced the door. She had yet to lock it as she had forgotten to keep track of time while helping all the kittens. After she had fed the last kitten held them lightly and put them in a clear cubicle. They were full and healthy as she finished she turned around to be met with an image that made her wide-eyed. She saw a lady standing with a dog in her arms whose fur was matted with blood her white shirt drenched in blood, and she was a blubbering mess.

Chaeyoung immediately slipped my headphones out and ran to the lady

Chaeyoung: Ma'am are you okay?!

Mina: Yes I am fine but my dog, Ray!

Chaeyoung led her to a stretcher and took Ray from her arms. Laying him onto the stretcher and pulling out her equipment Chaeyoung worked fast. Ray had labored breathing and his heart rate was slowing incredibly fast. Mina till then in complete shock walked to the chairs lines by the wall and sat down. She watched as Chaeyoung worked.

------------

Once Ray was stabilized, Chaeyoung took a deep breath of relief. She turned beside her to see the lady still in shock, now standing, her clothes completely soaked with Ray's blood.

Chaeyoung: I have a change of clothes if you would like

Mina: No it's fine

Mina bowed, she didn't want to be trouble to the poor lady

Chaeyoung: No really here,

Chaeyoung went to her bag and pulled out an extra pair of clothes, the pets tended to spit up and throw up so she always kept an extra pair.

Mina: Thank you

Mina slowly walked to the bathroom and changed her clothes. The series of events still replaying in her head. She almost lost Ray tonight. Heading back, she found Chaeyoung still bandaging Ray and making sure he was fine.

Chaeyoung sat down when she was done. Ray, resting as he was given pain relievers. Mina walked up to her and sat beside her, not taking her eyes off of Ray.

Chaeyoung: Hey don't worry he'll be fine, he didn't sustain too many injuries. It looks worse than it is.

Chaeyoung ran her hand over Mina's back to comfort her.

Mina: Thank you um..

Mina shyly spoke, the hand on her back easing her slightly

Chaeyoung: My name is Chaeyoung

Chaeyoung smiled lightly looking into Mina's eyes

Mina: Thank you Chaeyoung, I was freaking out. My name is Mina.

"Yeah no problem," Chaeyoung smiled. "You should head home with Ray, he just needs plenty of sleep and fluids, keep him on soft foods for the next week, do you have that?" Mina nodded no so Chaeyoung continued. "Don't worry I can get you some," walking over to the racks on the walls Chaeyoung pulls out a couple containers of soft dog food and puts them in a brown paper bag handing it to Mina.

Cheyoung: If you don't mind me asking how did this happen?

Mina: We were out on a run and I suddenly looked besides me but he wasn't there. Before I found where he was,

Mina paused she didn't want to cry. She brought her arm to the edges of her chair holding on tightly

Mina: He was run over

Chaeyoung listened intently. She felt bad for Mina, this was obviously causing her a lot of pain.

Chaeyoung: "He'll be fine don't worry, you should head home and rest too Mina you look shaken up, how far away do you live?"

Mina: Yeah I should head home it's a 30-minute walk home.

Chaeyoung: Walk?! Here I can take you home, just give me 30 minutes to clean up and close.

"No it's really no problem I can walk home" Mina didn't like being a burden on anyone and she didn't want to trouble Chaeyoung who had just saved Ray's life.

Chaeyoung: No ifs and buts, you have a sick dog and I'm going home anyway, it's no biggie

After thirty minutes Chaeyoung locked up and put Ray in a small dog bed in her back seat. Sitting in front was Mina inputting her home address into the GPS. After Chaeyoung got in and readied herself they headed off into the night. The stars shining bright and a slight breeze in the air.

--------------

Author's corner:

Ahhh they finally met! Maybe not in the best circumstances so don't kill me haha. How are you feeling about the book so far? Is it easy to understand? I hope you like it! if you do please give it a vote it helps me a lot and comment! I love hearing from you guys :) More in the next chapter!!