Chapter 12

Chayoung woke up abruptly. Small specks of dust flew against the sunshine that flooded throughout the room. In the tranquil house was a stark juxtaposition to the banging in her head that was driving her mad. Pulling her blanket off with a force she threw it to the side. Chaeyoung stood in her shorts and plain white shirt. Eyes blank and void of emotion staring out the windows and the thick forest beyond them. laziness took over and Chaeyoung fell backwards back onto bed kicking up dust. She stared at the ceiling, and her tears began to show up, late to the party as it seems. She curled herself onto the bed tucking her legs into her chest, it hurt to stay up. She'd rather be asleep. Cutting though her moment was the loud tone of her phone perched on the sidetable. She quickly wiped her eyes and picked up.

"Yes"

"Tzuyu and I are coming to pick you up for work" Sana's boisterous voice boomed on the other line and Chaeyoung had to hold her phone a couple inches away from her face.

"Yah you could say that in a casual voice too"

"Whatever get ready nerd we have work. We'll be there in 10 minutes."

Chaeyoung threw her phone onto the couch and it bounced around. She didn't have time to mope. Chaeyoung dressed herself, not putting any extra thought into her appearance. She quite frankly didn't have a reason to.

*Honk HONK*

Chaeyoung covered her ears and quickly sat in the backseat of the car before Sana would wake up the entire neighborhood with her honking

"You should have kept at least one sleeping human in our 20 mile vicinity."

"You were taking too long," Sana giggled and ran her hand over the wheel before starting the car up. Besides her Tzuyu was consumed by her phone so she didn't greet Chaeyoung. But Chaeyoung didn't mind since Tzuyu didn't have the tendency to talk much anyways. On the long ride to work Chaeyoung grabbed her grey headphones and put on some of her favorite music. She watched the trees whizz by her and the sun peeking through the clouds lighting up the foreground every couple minutes before disappearing again. Just like her life. Every couple years someone came, a new family, a pet, Mina... then it left in the blink of an eye she only had herself. It had been 2 weeks since Mina last spoke it her. They had seen each other through group meetings and one early morning when Chaeyoung ran to her local park in order to clear her mind and think about anything but Mina. To her luck there sat Mina, on her elbows under the shade of an oak tree throwing a ball every now and then for Ray. Seeing her, Chaeyoung had thought about approaching but abandoned the plan when Mina saw her and began packing up to leave. Mina had her golden brown eyes hidden behind large glasses and cap. But now, Chaeyoung had reverted to her old days. She felt something for Mina was it love? she didn't know. But she didn't want to push it and hurt herself even more. She stayed in her box, that was comfortable to her, she knew what it was like and how it felt.

"Stop it you guys! the mood in here could kill 'several' animals."

Chaeyoung ignored Sana, keeping her eyes focused on the sky.

"Tzuyu! so what you couldn't get Gucci the collar you really wanted, it'll be back in sale any day now. And you, I don't even know why you've been mopping everyday for the past two weeks. Did your soul shrivel up and die?" Sana nodded at Chaeyoung not breaking eye contact with her in the rearview mirror.

Chaeyoung just gave an exhausted eyeroll and pointed at the road.

"Try not to kill us Sana or I will really have a killer mood."

"God, seems like her soul really did die." Sana muttered before looking back at the scenic road.

----------